1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling suicidal but not a big deal to me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DJNay, Nov 12, 2012.

1. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    Ok so alot of negativity is happening in my life at the moment, exam stress and my family pulling the fun out of my gender issues. I seriously hate my life, and honestly wish it was over. Just finding motivation to study for my exams is overwhelming for me. I'm on sleeping tablets and even on them I find it hard to stay asleep. I'm in therapy at the mo and I've been talking to my psych about everything to do with my gender issues and feeling depressed and angry etc and we've been working through those issues slowly. But today after our session she asked if she should be concerned that she might not see me next week and that my safety is her priority. And I said no because I don't want to make a big deal out of it and have to be hospitalized. And said that i should call "help line" or come straight in and see her sooner if im in the moment. but Honestly if I commit suicide today or whenever I'm like "if it happens it happens". Should I be taking it more seriously?

2. Serephina

I've been there, hun, so I get what you're feeling. But please don't do it. Cause now we're friends(or at least I'm your friend, you can be mine if you want ^^) and I'd cry if you disappeared. And my crying isn't like little tears rolling down my cheeks. It's a disgusting, snotty, sobbing good time.

Nobody wants to see that, you hear?

Oh and we all love you, and we'd all have to eat ichiban noodles for the next two years after flying down to Australia(that's what Aus means, right?) to a) kick your butt for doing something so silly and b) cry and hold each other and fall to our knees screaming "WHY?!".

Again, nobody wants to see that. So if you ever need to rant about anything or just say how shitty life is, or just chat, shoot me a pm. Love your face <3

P.S. Your safety is our top priority too. Think of the poor flowers that would be crushed by the knees of everyone on this site as we fall to the ground screaming at the heavens. THINK OF THE FLOWERS!

P.P.S. I make jokes to try and lighten serious situations. Please don't hurt yourself. People love you and would be really sad to see you go.​

3. FunnyMonkey

I have been there also, remember that a lot of us have been. I know it's hard exams can be overwhelming but look at but you are going to be when you are do with school.
    Life get better but only if you are here to see it get better. If you need to talk I/we are here for you at anytime.
    We all love you and are here for you.

If you need support, call the Trevor Lifeline any time at 1-866-488-7386. You are not alone.

4. DJNay

Thanks for the support guys, I'm just trying to stay motivated and be positive, just at the point where I'm feeling "what is there for me to live for?" And "what's the point of carrying on when I hate myself/ my life so much?"

5. FunnyMonkey

Your welcome. Do you have any pets , if so then you who will take care of them ?
    You should try volunteer work it mite make you feel better and you'll meet some new people. And we/I are here for you!

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, DJNay, I know exactly how you feel. For me, I've noticed that things get worse around my menstrual cycle. I used to be extremely suicidal and have tried to commit suicide before. It was mainly because I did not want to be gay. This is during my teenage years, but now, I have so many reasons to live. I have kids, friends and my family, people who love me. And so do you, one thing that breaks my heart are people who commit suicide without trying to seek help first. So, I'm so glad that you are seeing someone to help you through this; I have to ask: how aware are your family of your problems? I think once you're able to confide in someone that you can trust, outside your doctor, I think you'll feel so much better. Take your time to get better, not your life.

#6 pinklov3ly, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  7. RebelD

Suicide solves nothing. I know it's cliché, but it really just messes things up for everyone. No one wins. I can promise you that the best things are still coming. I've been where you are and luckily survived and I have never been more thankful for anything. You know you can chat to me anytime. (*hug*) And please tell your therapist.

8. DJNay

@funnymonkey I have a cat, but its the family cat so it wouldnt be left alone, I know youre only trying to help and I really appreciate it, I just feel like whats the point of even getting up in the morning anymore. Like today it was the Solar eclipse here in Aus and my lil sis was so excited (her first time seeing it) and it was pretty awesome in the end but to get up took alot for me, i just wanted to sleep all day. al the things that made me happy dont anymore, animals,drawing, reading,art, its like a big effort for me :/

@pinklov3ly They know nothing, my mom treats me like i dont matter to her and my dad is awkward with emotional stuff and makes jokes to deal with it. i mostly keep my feelings to myself, even talking to my psych about my suicidal thoughts put me on edge, its so deeply personal, Ive spoken to friends and they are sort of supportive but mostly tell me to snap out of it or they wont talk to me :frowning2:

@RebelD thanks for the support, I know its like a cowardly way out but I feel like no one would even care/notice if Im gone.

9. Nickygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i know what you're going through. i was really depressed and suicidal for a few years and everything. i used to cut alot and i still do sometimes altho its not as bad now.... i know what you;re going through:/...and js people would care if you were gone!!! i know it might not seem like that sometimes but people do love you believe it or not!! if you want someone to talk to you can msg me any time i'm here for you! (altho if you msg me and i don't reply for a while sorry im not on the internet all that much but still i could talk when im on)

10. caramba2654

Just wait. I've been in that situation too, and waiting is helping a lot. Well, I'm in a bad situation right now, but I know that after it there will come a good situation. I just live waiting for that and trying to make it happen. So just wait for things to turn better to you. It might take a while, but it will be very rewarding.

11. Keelin

Never say that. EVER! There is always more than one person who'll miss you. Your friends, despite "telling you to snap out of it," would lose someone important. Despite what you may think, your family will miss you and be affected by it. Do you really want them to live the rest of their lives, feeling guilt because they factored into driving you over the edge? They sadness throughout the whole family after a suicide is crippling, trust me. As cliche as this sounds, there is a whole life ahead of you, and although right now is hard, it will get much, much better :slight_smile:.

12. BudderMC

For what it's worth, I don't think I've ever talked to you or even replied on any of your threads, but I lurk around here enough that I know familiar faces and I notice when they stop showing up for a while.

You would be missed by somebody, at the very least all of us at EC. Don't ever think otherwise.

(*hug*)

13. DJNay

wow, can i just say that im overwhelmed by ur support guys, seriously if I wasnt part of EC i dont know what id do. Thank you. Like right now in my life I have a small circle of friends I confide in, but of them 2 of my closest friends i see daily at uni are going through depression and exam stress themselves, my ex gf is very highly stressed in general and last time i tried to commit suicide and called her totry talk me out of it she had a break down; and my other 2 close friends are back home in South Africa so i cant even call them and have a decent conversation. Id hate to put my family through the pain of me commiting suicide but I dont want to carry on with the pain of living anymore. Like i was watching this program where this girl tried to commit suicide and failed and her mom hospitalized her, but al she kept screaming was LET ME DIE!!! and i wouldve if she was my child, i wouldnt want her to suffer with her internal pain, and my worst fear is attempting suicide and failing and my family finding out and intervening like that. Im not consciencely planning on killing myself on a certain day and way, its more sponateous and "in the moment" where ive just had enough (in afrikaans we say gatvol), and i think thats what scared my psych the most, im unpredictable. but i just want to say thanks guys, ur all awesome and sorry in advance if i have my "gatvol moment". xx

14. nootje

Be very carefull with sleeping pills, they can cause or worsen depressions and suicidal feelings very much. Most of them have depression and/or suicidal feelings listed as a possible side effect. I found out how much impact they have some 8 years after quitting them that my suicidal feelings disappeared and the depression got less. On sleeping pils I used to have suicidal feelings in my head for most of the day, wether I wanted them or not they got worse and worse. First I did not care wether I would die, later I wanted to die badly. Quittting with sleeping pills helped so much! I am by far not the only person who experienced this, there are many people on the internet. Please keep this in consideration if you use them for over a week.

15. DJNay

@nootjie I don't take them regularly because they're herbal based and the smell makes me literally fall to my knees it's so bad! I have to force myself to take them like the night before exams etc. and I've had these constant thoughts and feeling way before I was on them so I don't think they're making much difference. But thanks for the concern.

16. Trailblazer

Having a relative take their own life without many signs at all and leaving their body(what was left) for their son and wife to find, just because it doesn't seem like it would matter, it really does.

No matter what you go through really, there's a lot of people out there who would rather you alive, even if you don't realize it yourself. Most of the problems your going through are temporary too, exams come to an end, if you get too tired you just sleep(coming from a part-time insomniac) and I'm sure your aware that your gender can be changed too.

tl;dr man up and deal with it, your life is worth living!

17. you

you

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was depressed recently, and I remember not wanting to kill myself for the simple reason being that it gets better.
    If you don't mind a little profanity, I suggest reading this:
    5 Reasons Life Actually Does Get Better | Cracked.com
    I know it's a humor site, but the advice given sounds good to me, and is given from personal experience.

18. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I kept seeing this thread title and never clicked on it, and I just now saw the poster's username and I remembered you from another thread where you posted your picture. So trust me when I say I'd care. Suicide is not cowardly, it's a choice. You don't enjoy the things you used to enjoy, then you know what, you can find other things. There's always something more. Whatever you lose, as long as you have yourself, you're good. You're alive. There's life within all of us. I promise.
    You don't have to do the same things to be happy, you can always try something new. Are there any support groups around you that you might join? It sounds like that might help since you don't really have anyone to talk to in person. Maybe even a new diet, it's amazing how great a healthy diet and exercise can make you feel. Might even sort out some things inside.
    There's always a rainbow on the other side. <3

19. DJNay

Thanks for the support and ideas and suggestions guys, im really trying so hard to get out of this black hole im in. Im trying to study for my last exm on Saturday and my dad is being so postive saying "last one yay!" and my lecturer personally emailed me good luck, but all I can think about is writing my exam and then killing myself afterwards, like let me just finish this semester first, and part of me is like "well whats the point of studying for it then?" and none of the work seems to be going in :frowning2: and ive tried thinking about the impact on my family and stuff and yeah maybe they will be upset but that makes me feel even worse and want to kill myself more to get rid of these depressed "wanting to just busrt into tears" feeling. I hate feeling like this and even talking to people makes me feel bad because they will feel upset for me too. even when i spoke to my psych she asked if ive found talking to her about my suicidal thoughts any help and its been like 2 months of weekly sessions whith behavioural therapy to change my mindset and nothings changed, and it made me feel so bad because she's not able to help me :/ Just feel like such a dissapointment in life...

20. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like people feeling upset for me either, but maybe that's why a mutual support group would be nice. You all relate, rather than one feeling bad for another. Which I guess is not inherently bad. I don't like the whole "think of your family" advice when concerning suicide. This is your decision. Not theirs. People say it's selfish to kill yourself well I think it's the other way around. You're the one being selfish for wanting them to stay just for you, or for someone else. And I can understand you not wanting them to go but it's their choice. Not yours. It's always their choice.
    You have plenty of reason to stay for yourself. So think of that, not other people. It's you. You're special, and lovely. You're beautiful and precious. There is so much good you can contribute to this world. So much happiness you can feel.
    I know what it feels like to hit mental rock bottom, or to at least be hovering over it and it's not good. It's torture. But when you're out of there it's better. It's really better.
    So I will assure you that there is much good in this world for you if you want to stay.
    And I hope you do. It's your choice, but I hope you do.
    Maybe you need to make some changes.