1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"love" life rant?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jroakwood, Feb 11, 2008.

1. jroakwood

im just really having problems and i'd like to get them out in the open in some way. and EC seems to be the best way for me to do it right now. im having alot of trouble mentally right now. i think i have seasonal depression, and this whole thing with sexuality is really getting to me for some reason again even though i really thought i'd gotten past it. my coming out story is still a work in progress. and im really busy with school, friends, my nonexistant "love life," and hahah. im really into politics right now too. im just stressed out to the max. im tired all the time. i want to sleep every chance i get, and even sometimes when i try i cant. thats just an overview of my mental state right now. anyways... to my real reason for posting.

im really having problems getting over a "straight" guy. so muh so that i just recently pushed away a perfectly good gay guy because im still not over the straight one, trevor. trevor is always a guy ive suspected as being a closeted gay guy. and ive always liked him throughout highschool, on and off, mostly on.

basically, my suspicions of trevor started when i found out he is really into clothes and fashion. streotypical i know. he is really into his looks just from looking at him. i used to have more reasons but ive since forgotten them. he's just really metro i guess, if he's straight that is.

he has a girlfriend, which is the kicker. but the thing is she lives far(ther) away and they maybe see eachother weekly or every other week. so im not convinced. hahah.

the thing thats made me like... trip over myself liking him is that he's different to me than the average straight guy is. he's extremely sweet in everything he does. he waves at me and smiles when he sees me. he does this thing where when we pass eachother in the hall he looks at me in the eyes, something guys dont normally do to me. whenever we talk he really listens to me and at least acts like he's really interested in what i have to say. i guess ive never really had guys treat me like that, so maybe im imagining this because i like him?

he is perfect in my eyes, and i wish i could express that to him. obviously i cant. i try to in small ways. like... always giving him my best smile. laughing at all his jokes. making eye contact more than i normally would. you know, all that shit. i just cant get over it... everything about him is what i like in a guy.

im really feeling like shit about this. i feel helpless. and ive been here so many times before i should be used to it. but i never get used to it. where a straight girl could just tell her friends and get a rumor started about liking him and figure out if he is interested just like that. i cant. i hate it.

i pushed away a cute gay guy who was doing all he could to win me over, practically throwing himself at me, because im hung up on a straight boy. id really like some advice or some words of wisdom if anyone has any.... oh, and thanks for reading if you made it through this whole rambling thing.
    i just needed to get this out.

2. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, same thing was happening to me last year. i liked this straight guy a lot, and he seemed gay. . .but he wasn't. I was just so caught up in him, i lost my own reasoning to realize he was not gay. unfortunately, he found out i liked him-he was ok about it, but he told his friends, and they were not. i was then called a gay stalker by them and stuff and it sucked. so. . .my advice would be to try your best to get over him. that would be the best thing, i think.

3. Alexander

you said he's perfect. he's not gay, so he's not perfect. end of story. Go for the gay one and explain how you felt and make it up to him. now's your only chance.

4. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have gotten hung up on so many straight guys before it's not even funny. It's even worse when the guy is a good friend and in the early hours of the morning decided it'd be fun to experiment, and then afterwards proceed with saying "at least I know I'm not gay anymore". Straight guys are nothing but trouble for lovestruck gays like us. But then again, who can blame us, considering that Minnesota boys are hot as hell?

5. jroakwood

^^^yeah. minnesota boys are the shit. :]

i guess the reason i cant get over him is because im still not convinced he's straight. at all. hahah.
    and im holding on to hope he is at least bisexual...
    its stupid, im sure. but ugh. i just cant stop.

#5 jroakwood, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  6. jroakwood

does anyone have any good advice on how to slowly become friends with a guy? like... how do i start to get closer to him without seeming like its akward or im a creeper? haha.

7. KatoKumi

Normally if I wanna get to know a guy, I add him on myspace. Post some stuff and see if he responds; if he doesn't, I respond to something he sent out. It's subtle, and very stylish, lmaoo.

And if he doesn't have that, um, just kinda bump into him every now and then. Maybe talk to him in a class?

Idk; I don't know the details, lol ;p

8. Jerr

Herd sheep with him up there on Brokeback.

9. jocr92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well it seems you have really gotten your self in a pickle.

one simple way is to get over the straight guy. it may be much more harder than it seems, but you HAVE TO. i used to let things get to me until the point i wanted to die. i was so fustrated with everything until i dropped all of the things that made me sad. i have gotten over a crush that i had with this gay guy and now im a lot more happier. getting over the straight guy is the only way to open new doors.

this guy, trevor. from what you are telling me, is unsure if he is gay. if he seems to be that open to you, talk to him. ask him a few questions. and pop the question. please try to get over the straight guy.

tell me how things work out.