1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared and foreign parents.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ExplodingPie, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ExplodingPie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I recently came out to a friend. He was okay with me being bi. But i'm scared of coming out to my parents. I'm pretty sure they wont let me go anywhere, thinking I will get aroused by everyone. They also have no support for homosexuality or anything like that.

The real problem is my parents are foreign. They have no idea what BI means. I asked them if you support Bi's, and they where like what? I need help on coming out as bi, if my mom doesnt know what that means.

Also, i would like to come out to my friends this year, and my parents soon. My sister will be my first of my family to know, as i know she supports LGBT, though she is straight. :help:

2. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

In my experience my mom & friends kinda already knew before I did you'd be surprised at how much they realise.

3. BudderMC

Wait, they don't know what the actual term "bisexual" means, or they don't know what the idea of bisexuality is? If it's the latter, you can explain to them that you simply are attracted to men and women.