1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy sh**

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chained butterfly, Nov 13, 2012.

1. chained butterfly

The time has come for it guys. I've been on this site for 3 years now. I was a freshman. And now I'm a junior.

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit!!!!!!!!

Does anyone like understand the amount of stress I'm feeling? And I haven't even started applying for colleges yet.

Well, guys. I need someone to just tell me it's gonna be okay. I'm a junior and I really really am freaking the hell out. I'm applying for scholarships-my workload is just over the roof. Really? 2 AP CLASSES, 2 COLLEGE NOW CLASSES, AND 2 CLASSES THAT ARE SENIOR CLASSES! Fuck me. I can't-I'm so sick. I'm getting gray hairs. And sometimes I'm either going to punch a fucking wall or I'm going to hurl myself off of a bride.

Just. Please, someone ease my anxiety.!!!! :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

2. dan4now

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    well you are going to be alright, you might want to cut back when you can. you are too young to be this stressed out. life is a tough journey and it will be a long one. but there is no reason to miss the good things that are going to happen, feeling good and free, having fun with others. i live in an area where i can not even talk to anyone about what my day is like, what i am thinking. so i found a place that i can do what i need and want to do. so keep your chin up and and work so hard grey hairs lead to balding. not any good can come out of falling apart. alright. and you will probably get alot of good advise on here.

3. chained butterfly

sigh. Thanks. I feel a bit relieved now.

4. WonderEgg

He's right, things will get better. Just keep looking for the light (or in this case, rainbow) at the end of the tunnel. :slight_smile:

5. Fire2free

Fire2free Guest

:thumbsup: as a senior who just got a scholarship I can tell you that I made more mistakes then you'd imagine & I'd come to realize that I'll be fine in life. The thing that I found out is that it want failure that I was worried about it was knowing that I was starting something new & wanted it to be on a good note. Life is going to keep going for you no matter what and you'll find that even if it takes you to a place you didn't want to go it may be just the place you need. If my father didn't have to wait to go to college, he never would have ended up in the same class as my mom. If those r your classes then you'll be fine as long as u take advantage of your opportunities know.

6. jvn95

Take a chill pill :slight_smile:

You'll be okay, I felt like you my junior year, I was in 3 AP classes and also taking a CNA training class, and worrying about college, and I am now a senior, I'm alive. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just take your time, buckle down and focus on your classes, Think about college when you're done with junior year, at least, that's what I was told.

Colleges look at your junior year for the grades, and If you apply now, they can't really look at anything quite yet because you are not done with junior year now can they?

I say, Focus on getting those grades up for junior year FOR college, not applying quite yet.
    It's good to look at what colleges have to offer to you right now and get a good idea.

Good luck :slight_smile: You'll do awesome.

7. Delta

Reeeeeeeeelax. I know that doesn't help much, but really. I didn't do anything college related until Senior year, and I got into a great school, and I'm doing very well here. You don't need to tackle the world. Actually, if you jump for the tackle right now, you'll land somewhere in the middle of senior year and lose momentum you need for college. Don't give it up, but also don't overwork yourself. You have plenty of time, even if it doesn't feel like it.

Do you like baths? How about candles? Bubbles? Chocolate? Books? Music? For at least an hour, indulge in some of those. I promise one hour won't hurt anything in the big scheme of things. Honest. It'll help.

I took a bitch of a senior year. 7 high school credits, 3 of those AP, 10 college credits, each semester. Plus an in depth learning internship. Beat my head against the wall, stayed at school until 10PM regularly, had to eat dinner while I worked. I really do understand the stress. And you know, some parts were worth it. The internship was the best experience of my life. But some of those credits weren't worth the sweat and blood it took to earn them. Sometimes you have to put your mental health and happiness as a priority, or you go crazy.

Put the college application down. And the scholarship ones too. Not for good, just for a little while. That's not number one important for a Junior. Even the most selective Ivy league colleges don't have application deadlines in November of your Junior year. No one does. Scholarships can wait too. You have over a year to do all that. I promise. Any time you were going to put into that, goes into caring for you this week, okay? Any time you try and pick it up, force yourself to put it down and reward yourself for a half hour. Promise?

You're worth more than any class, or any scholarship, or any college. And you're only destroying your chances of really learning from these classes by overworking yourself. Calm down, give yourself a hug, tell yourself you've been doing a great job, which you have, and let yourself take a break for a while.

I love you. Take care of you.

8. Emberblaze

Don't worry man, you can do this. I've got 2 ap classes all year, Ap government (kill me) and ap langauge arts, and next semester, in addition to those two classes, I'll have analytical physics (may as well be ap), ap environmental science, and then math. School work load can be awful (especially if your school has a dis-configured AP system that doesn't give a burning star about teaching), but you gotta just learn to beat the system sometimes, that's all i can say about that.

Now, with colleges, I gotta admit, i kinda stress out about it too, especially since i still don't have an exact understanding about how college applications work and how if you wanna apply to out of state colleges and all that stuff.

Honestly, only one person in my entire family went to college (my mom) so I basically been tryin to work this stuff out on my own. I don't even want my moms help too much cuz when she helped my sis apply for college, the two of them turned EVERYTHING in at the last minute and I had to help with a bunch of my sis's essays and stuff.

Now, to get to the point, all I can say is take a deep breath and try to fight one battle at a time. If you've taken alot of ap classes and have more than enough credits to graduate, then do like me and take a light senior year so you can immediately focus on college for that year.

I guess I shouldn't tell you not to stress out cuz that'd make me a hypocrite, but start with what you can do today and not tomorrow. I know it's the rest of your life you're dealing with and that it feels like you need to handle everything at once, but I can almost assure you that it's better to take it one step at a time so you don't overwhelm yourself, okay?

9. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did a 2 AP/2 Honor class then 4 AP class thing my junior year, (4 of 4 periods and two semesters) and it helped me to go out and lay on the (swinging thing I can't spell the name of) and look up at the night sky. Just find the thing that helps you relax and do it often. Don't burn yourself out either.

10. Ticklish Fish

calm yourself, woman. XD
    compare to AP, college classes are much much harder. XD

*hug*

maybe get on EC less to get things done?