1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Whole Town Knows !! HElp I am SO Screwed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by josephaustin92, Feb 11, 2008.

1. josephaustin92

well i came out to people at my school and the word got around pretty quickly . ONe person told everyone when i said not too. well my ex girlfriends mom talked to my ex and asked her about me being gay apparently the whole town knows ( small Town ) and i just don't know what to do . I thought i was ready to deal with this but I'm not i am freaking out. I am not even out to my parents. this is all so confuseing i just want to crawl into a corner .:help: :help: :help: :help:

IF you have any idea plz tell i am in a rele bad spot

2. Nerdtendo

ok, first thing I have to say: DONT DENY IT! if someone asks you if your gay, dont ever lie about it becuse they will keep badgering you about it and it will be pure torture to you. even if they get off your case about it, it'll be awkward when your finnaly ready to admit to them.

3. Alex89

I'd recommend coming out to your parents before they find out through someone else or they may feel hurt that everyone except them knows.

Good luck! And as Nerdtendo said, DO NOT DENY BEING GAY as it will definitely make your life hell as you will be bugged about it until you confess, which would make it more of an issue than it is.

4. Jim1454

I'd also suggest telling your parents. You'll feel better when it's overwith. Good luck.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Sounds like you are going to need to tell your parents whether you are ready or not.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It would be better if they found out from you than from someone else.

7. s5m1

I agree with all of the above.

8. BabyBoy

Blow the town up? :goodluck:

9. Dave

Dave Guest

Talk to your parents, its hard I know, but its better they hear it from you, then from someone at the store or a phone call from a family friend.

10. jroakwood

^^i agree, tell your parents.
    its a shitty situation. but its what youve gotta do in it.

11. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because broken records are fun, tell your parents. They can be best prepared to help you deal with the fallout if they know ahead of time, and if things get a bit sour you'll want their help. Otherwise, I wouldn't be worried about everyone knowing unless a mob forms outside your house with torches and pitchforks, and that is unlikely. Just stick to your guns and your convictions and it'll settle down in time.

12. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Definitely tell your parents. You'll feel SO much better afterwards. And don't deny anything either. Good luck. :thumbsup:

13. josephaustin92

guess what I followed ur advice and too my mom she really took it hard but I think she will be ok my dad can wait too find out but thanks guys ps I am still the talk of the town LOL but now that I don"t have worried about her finding out I don't have to worrie LOL I'm fameous now lmfao btw my dad works in Toronto so he will not find out hopefuly so thank you lots guys one more thing blowing up the town? What are u on LOL :smilewave

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's good you told your mom. Did you tell her about PFLAG or print off some of the materials?

15. sexyalex

joseph i thought no one on EC would ever feel the way i feel. i mean i havn't come out or admit to anything but my share of homosexuality drama made me famous....and Kinston isn't a small town at all...it's a city! :eek:

personally what i have learnt from my experience and i hope u do too is to choose ur friends wisely and i am happy ur getting over it ... i mean if no one has threatened to kill u like they did to me then everything is cool.
    and ur right about the word spread fast thing....it's so disterbing that once ur gay in a place where homosexuality is scarce, ur business gets spead as fast as hot bread.

...isn't it? now i know how britney feels

16. Jace

i kinda wish that'd happen to me but i'll do it myself im soo ready to be out :slight_smile: i might be ignorant but i know i dont want to be closeted anymore

17. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I second that hahahahaha :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
    But yeah that really sucks, tell the parents, don't ever deny it, and just live with it. Oh and beat the crap out of the person that outed you.

18. SlickyPants

Your situation kind of sucks. Nobody wants to be outed before they're ready to come out. It was unfortunate but I think it was better that your mom heard it from you then from someone else. She'll likely come around with some time.

Out of curiosity, how are others taking the news? Are people treating you any differently? Are your friends supportive?

19. josephaustin92

Well now that everyone knows they all try to avoid me i don't know why but hey it works for me. All seems to be going good no threats at least not yet . Once again thanks for all the help. oh one question is it normal for some people u like never talk to want to talk to you all the time after coming out ? Its just awkward because most people try to avoid me. and yes my friends already knew about me being gay so they are helping alot too

#19 josephaustin92, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  20. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

some people will avoid you, i guess its normal because thats how they deal with something they dont undertand...by avoidance...mostly the guys will be doing this...i dont see why girls would avoid you thou...usually girls like gay boys to be around them...anyway thats cool that your friends are sticking by yourside...cause at the end of the day your still the same person they knew the day before..:lol: