1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She gave me her number so we can text...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rainbowbear, Nov 14, 2012.

1. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

So I've been talking to this girl who lives in my state (but she lives a good several hour drive away...) for a couple weeks now. Even though we've only been talking for a couple weeks, we've gotten to know a lot about each other and have a lot in common. She gave me her number so we can text to talk more, but the thing is, I don't know if I should. I'm attracted to her and she's awesome and I feel a serious connection to her, but I'm just a bit paranoid. I use my iPod for texting (via a texting app) and not a typical cell phone, I've always been taught never to give my number out so I'm a bit nervous and paranoid. I trust her, but... should I text her? Am I just being overly paranoid and stupid? I know she's who she says she is and not a forty year old male creeper, but still... :bang: If it helps any, I was thrilled when she told me her number, in fact my reaction was (!) this. Maybe it's just my anxiety being stupid? I know this is really just a stupid thread but.... :eusa_doh: :help::help::help:

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She entrusted you with her number and was probably feeling the same anxiety before giving it to you. Sometimes, it's a risk one has to take. You've already met face-to-face prior to her giving you her number, so you know each other in person already, it's not like you're giving out your number to a stranger you've been chatting to online in the hopes of then meeting them in person sometime in the future... So if I were you, I'd take the plunge. Perhaps I've just got my rose coloured glasses on but I really don't see anything wrong with doing so. Texting is a wonderful way to stay in touch if you can't be near each other every day. Best of luck :thumbsup:

3. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

:slight_smile: I'm seeing you around here more and more, specifically on my threads. :O Anyway, thank you. <3 I really appreciate the answer and everything. (*hug*)

By the way, how's it going with that girl you went out with? :icon_wink

4. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

Hmmm... Bump.

5. xXPsychedelicXx

Like you said, you feel a great connection with her, and you know she is who she says she is. So I think you should go for it. :grin:

6. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

<3 Thank you. (*hug*)

7. Isabelle

i say to go for it

8. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

<3 Thanks. :slight_smile:

I finally texted her! :grin: <3