1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ask a boy out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gravity Defyer, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Gravity Defyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello!

I know this guy I'm interested in. We see each other around the campus and say hi to each other. He speaks to me sometimes, about anything really. And I don't know why but I feel we could know each other better and... start dating and such...

But I don't knowhow to ask him out! Wouldn't I be too obvious by asking him if he wants to come with me to "x" place? Like... alone?

We share some interests... Like photography... He even asked if he could take pictures of me... (Ihad done so before to him)

Or is there a way I could give him... "signs"? How? Wich ones?

I really want to do something about him, it's just I don't know what to do...

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! The next time you see each other, why not ask him if he would like to join you for a coffee or a get together over some drinks. Alternatively, take a common interests and think about an afternoon that you two could spend and pursue that common interest. You guys are talking with each other from time to time, so I think it could be easily seen as a natural progression.

I wouldn't ask him out on a date just yet though. Assuming, you are out to each other, try to get to know him better first, and once you feel that 'yes there is some potential' ask him out on a date. As you get to know him, you might also get a chance to gauge as to what he might be feeling about you, or if there is a chance that something more than 'friendship' could be in the cards.

As you meet up with him, and if you like spending time with him, let him know.

3. TheSeeker

Do you know whether or not he's gay? Sorry for the obvious question, but it affects a lot.

I know that if I guy had asked me out when I was still closeted or in denial it would have freaked the hell out of me, and it would have escalated quickly. Also, does he know you're gay? That's the tricky part with the same sex.

Otherwise, just take him to lunch or coffee! The joy I think about dating guys is that we are very straightforward and there is less of a tap dance than there is when trying to ask a girl out. Sometimes I wish I was a Kinsey 6 just so I didn't have to play "the game" with the ladies.

Keep us posted, and I look forward to seeing what other advice you get!

-The Seeker

4. Gravity Defyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Everybody strongly suspects he's gay. Every girl I know has told me so but I think he's in denial.

And I think he knows I'm gay. I have commented on hot guys near him and I like and post gay-related things on Facebook. I yet have to tell him personally though...

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! With the little bit you have just said, I'd say try to get to know him better, first. Try to get to know him as a friend. Once you feel comfortable coming out to him, come out and see what he says or what his reaction is.

I don't think it would be a good idea to go to him, and ask him out. He might not be ready for it at all, or he might not be even gay. I think also for yourself, given that you will built up some expectations, you could end up feeling pretty down afterward if he rejects you, or says 'I'm not gay.'

6. TheSeeker

I agree with Mirko... As usual ^^