1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any comments?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Axus, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Axus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wanted to tell my story for someone from a side,
    Sorry that it is little too long
    Let’s try long story short. I always knew that I also had interest in guys, but I was always telling to me that it ok to hang out with guys time to time, but something like relationships I would have only with a girl. Till everything went a little awkward. This spring in one of the events made by Swedish embassy I met an interesting guy, he was more like my age and we had some common interests, so after so called event for Good knows what, we went to a bar. He was in mid 20ys he was in to politics and he was gay. First time in my life I spoke with someone so openly the same did he. Till now I didn’t know how we made so good connection such fast. We shared the things that if told to wrong people could ruin our lifes. Next day my driver was drinking so I asked my best friend to take me to my new friend and take us to down town for a diner. After a ride my new friend Harry asked me who the guy who took us to down town was. I told him he was my best friend Kristaps. He asked me if he is also gay. I was like WTF why do you think so? He said that he has a gaydar and actually you don’t need one in this case. And he said that he could tell in first five minutes that I mean a lot to him. In the first I was just thinking that he made a wrong point, etc. Ok I admit that I always liked him lot more than a friend, but first thing that matters is our friendship. So I always treated him more like my son (strange because he is a half year older xD). I somehow always tried to help settle his life. Together we have done so much crazy things like get involved in international organization that is connected to Russian secret services, helping our ex-president (his relative) to dismiss the parliament etc. That looking back you understand what’s the real friendship and trust means. Some week passed, and one evening I met his ex-girlfriend (with whom I settled his relations, because he couldn’t he really wanted it). In that evening we somehow touch the subject of Kristaps and she than tolld that by the time when they were together, I spent more time with him than her. And that his new gf is just for everyone else not for him… At that point I didn’t understand the meaning of her words. Next day after parliament session I met Harry in the bar, he immediately asked how you and Kristaps are, and I told him that everything is ok as it was. He told that he don’t understand why I don’t try to do something, by then I had already told him that when we were drunk once I kissed Kristaps and time to time after some parties when he was sleeping I played with his body and at least one time he was just pretending to be asleep. And he said that he can see how much I mean to him also, besides he have been by my side last five years and that his life would be very boring if I wasn’t there. That day Harry went to Brussels for a week, I had nothing better to do so I collect Kristaps after his work to the diner in old town. And it all started, one dinner led to another, in the end I was meeting him after his work every day, for more than a month we practically lived together. Dinners, bars, cinemas, operas weekends outside city, travels etc a lot of time we spent together with Harry and his bf. I started to use taxi because my driver was his gf father, we slept together, I hold him, played with his hair, but nothing sexual accrued because I wanted not to make pressure on him, like my move and than his. At that time I received job proposal in Brussels, when I told it to he said if will go to Brussels what would he done. Funny thing was that bar tenders, my friends and also my mum started to give questions.. But it was like don’t ask don’t tell, because we really haven’t talked everything out, once I tried but I could go till the end because I was kind of scared to lost him and our friendship… It went till point that his gf was thinking to dump him because they saw each other 3 times per month. At that moment I made a mistake I told all of that to our common friend Emil, because before that we always were hanging together, but at that moment when he called me and we were with Kristaps I told that I have no time and the same thing told Kristaps. His reaction was, I understand you, but Kristaps no way, that’s disgusting etc. He phoned Kristaps brother and Santa Barbara begun… Every one needed to make their comment. I texted Kristaps telling him that we need to talk because it enough for third parties to try to settle this, and that all of this is between him and me. He didn’t respond me for three days. Then Harry called Kristaps and told him that I and he need to speak because this goes more awkward every day. In a half hour he texted me back, that we need to meet tomorrow for 15 min. Next day he didn’t answer his phone. Trough GSM operator I got his position, when I arrived he was at his grandparents with his gf, grandparents invited me for a lunch but I told that I need to talk with Kristaps, he answered that we don’t have anything to talk about… Then I bought a bottle of whiskey, ordered a car and went to Harry he was some 200 km outside the town the snow storm begun, we crushed last 5 km I went on my foot. I was angry on him and myself I hated myself because of being gay. Harry told me that I need to ignore Kristaps for some time because I gave him everything asking nothing back, and that his life without me would be too boring because for last five years I have shown him complete different life. He was right after a month Kristaps called and asked me what’s up etc. I said that I am busy, but at the same time ordered the driver to turn around, at that time he lived in his grandparents flat, because they were in country side for summer. So we were again drinking whiskey in kitchen his gf was in living room, when I was there she never come to us because she should knew. And again I spent the part of the summer in his grandparent’s apartment with him and his gf. After a couple months they divorced, as I later get known, because of me. But he didn’t even tell me the fact that they divorced. That time other things also went really bad, as you maybe could imagine from the above that I had been involved in lot of things. People started to black mail me, they asked me offer but if I would do that some of my friends including Kristaps may be hurt, longer than this story.. But the main thing is that, in the end, I took everything on me. At the moment I think I could have no more than 24 hours left. And I still can’t take myself in hands and say good bye properly. (He is back with his gf at the moment).

I have two questions to you:
    I know that story went too long, but what do you think?
    Can it be that more important for him was what the other people around him thinks?

2. TheSeeker

Wow... So, I had to reply to this because it was sad that a thread titled "Any Comments" had no comments. Honestly, I had a difficult time following the story but from what I gathered it sounds like a good time! God, Europe is cool.

Now as for this guy, relationships especially the first with that gender can be sketchy. Especially when you are on the move a lot. You are in the early phases of accepting yourself as anything other than straight to all of this is going to be confusing.

Also, it sounds like your object of desire is either gay and in denial, or Bisexual. As for you, if you are able to like both sexes, go ahead and come out as Bi and to hell with what anybody thinks!

And please say goodbye to him, even if he's with his girlfriend. If he means that much to you, you owe him (and yourself) a real goodbye. Good luck with your new position, and thanks for posting. We are here for you whenever you need us,

-The Seeker