1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous about a new job.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bkdub, Nov 14, 2012.

1. bkdub

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently got a new job I start work Monday. My job is at a chain pizza restaurant. I've worked at jobs like this before and there is always atleast one(usually more) overly masculine alpha males. Additionally, all they usually like to talk about is how they wanna bang the girls that work there(they rarely do). Either that or they just talk about their girlfriends or how they wanna bang hot chicks. Being in the closet so long has made me good at dealing with these people. By Fooling them into believing I am heterosexual. People rarely suspect me of being gay. The only people who do are people who have known me for a really long time. I hate it when co workers will ask if I have a girlfriend. When it catches me off gaurd I don't always know what to say. I'm also worried about female coworkers flirting with me I'm good at fooling most girls though. Being closeted has made me a very good liar and deciever. I know I should come out of the closet and all that. I'm not going to right now. I have extreme difficulty talking about it. The subject makes me anxious. I would not be comfortable telling my new coworkers 4 days from now or anytime soon.

2. revi

revi Guest

Well heres what I would do.

DID YOU SEE THE HOT GUY THAT CAME IN I WANA BANG HIM SOOO HARD

Then look at there faces and laugh when there like WHAT or just all weirded out

3. Jim1454

Well, I'm not sure I'd do it that way...

But the reality is that you're going to be assumed heterosexual until you tell people otherwise. So you can't really blame them for talking to you the way they do, or hitting on you - unless you're willing to tell them that you're gay. That's just the way it is.

I think it would be even more uncomfortable for you to tell one of those 'alpha males' that you don't appreciate hearing about their sex life and to keep it to themselves. You'd likely be setting yourself up for abuse and bullying. They'd assume you were gay without you admitting it. You'd be better off coming out than doing that.

So not sure what to suggest. Just know that if you stay in school and manage to get a full time job that isn't at a pizza place or fast food joint, you're likely to have coworkers who are a little more 'enlightened' and who won't care about your orientation.