1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Leigh, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Leigh

Leigh Guest

this may seem like a little problem compared to other people but i dont know what to do!

my best friend is a jehovahs witness even though shes not really meant to talk to me and her parents think that shes not my friend anymore
    (cus she was gna drop out of school last year cus her parents think im trying to "lesbianise" her, even though were both straight but w/e.)
    but they let her come back to school as long as she stayed away from me.

so just now she buzzed my fone, so i called her back. and her mum answered... and at first i was like wtf but then i thought i must have called her house by mistake.
    so i sed can i talk to her plz, and she asked for my name, which i gave to her like an idiot cus thats gna look reali suspiscious specially since i no for a fact my number is in her fne as vicki!
    and she goes thankyou goodbye.. and i was like :confused: and then she put the fone down.
    :tears:
    im really scared ive gotten her into loads of trouble i dont no what to do!!
    anyone got any advice???

2. Leigh

Leigh Guest

also theres a chance she might come on here so just in case...

i am soooo sorry that was such a stupid thing to happen i love you loads and i just hope ur not in too much ****

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Leigh, what is done is done. I hope you are able to continue your friendship in spite of your friend's mother. Just try not to worry about it.

4. Extreme26

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Like what beckyg said, you have done it and theres nothing you can do. If your friend's mum confronts her about it, I'm sure she can think of some way to get round the trouble. White lies are great in these kind of situations!!

Let us know what happens!

5. 24601

Is your friend a devout Jehovah's Witness? Their religion is probably one of the most anti-gay religions in the world. For them to even talk to you (since they think you're gay) could be grounds for them to be expelled from their religion, and if your friend willingly interacted with you and another Jehovah's Witness found out (and also thought you were a lesbian), your friend might be (almost definitely would be) disfellowshipped (kicked out) immediately. When someone is disfellowshipped from the Jehovah's Witnesses, other JW's are forbidden from speaking to that person. That means she'd be cut off from her family entirely.

It's really detestable, but that's the truth of the matter. I do not think you'll make any headway here, as sad as I am to say that... Unless you can actually convince them that you are straight.

Why do they think you're gay in the first place?

6. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ugh, I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, I feel her pain. Thankfully our family just kinda fell out of it, but what 24601 said is true. I don't think being disfellowshipped applies to family though, but I'm not completely sure.

7. Lane

I was also raised as a Jehovah's Witness. My entire family both imdediate and extended are devote JW's. I was around it long enough to actually get baptized into the 'faith' and am actually currently in the process of being removed from the church, either through Disfellowshipping or Disassociation. Without going into details both have the same outcomes.
    Everyone that remains a JW must cut off ties to the one being removed from the church. Imediate family however may still associate with the individual on a personal basis, but that is entirely up to the individual persons family. I have known cases where the family has cut off ties with the relative and others where they have not. Just depends on what they belive is the correct course of action. If the person who is being removed has not found friends outside of the church, then when they are kicked out they will find themselves very, very alone very fast. No friends, and No family.

If your friend is baptized as a JW things will be tougher than if she is not. And 24601 is correct in that you will have a very hard time convincing the parents that you are 'good association' for their child since they belive that anyone not a JW is automatically 'bad association'. If they belive you are gay then they probably won't even talk to you at all.

8. 24601

Whoops, guess I spoke incorrectly then. I am not a JW, nor do I know any personally, I just know what I know from reading stories of ex-JW's... and it seems most of them were cut off. So, listen to these two.

9. Wired106

Are you F***ing kidding me? Her parents were about to pull her out of school because they thought you were a lesbian? Thats such crap. I can't believe there are parents out there like that... I guess I could see parents getting mad if your hanging out with a lesbian at MOST but pulling a kid out of school because she hangs out with one?

Anyways, lol umm.. I don't know what else you can do. There is seriously nothing I can think of and I don't think you will be able to change her parents minds on what they have believed and thought about for the past year. :frowning2:

10. Leigh

Leigh Guest

well she txted me from her dads fone saying "dont txt me. at all.":confused:

its driving me crazy cus were on holiday this week so i wont be able to see her till next week. i just wana find out exactly wat happened... like why was her mum answering her calls anyway?

they are soooo paranoid but its stuid cus im straight!
    i have no idea!!!
    partly because we go to a girls school so maybe theyr paranoid? and also they read her texts and cus some were signed with x's or love, etc, theyve assumed. :eusa_doh:

about the pulling out of school thing... its not as serious as it sounds.they werent gna pull her out altogether i dont think jus move her. i dno how much u no about uk schools but cus we'd just finished year 11 which is like the end of compulsory education, but then we both went on to do 6th form, whcih is extra.

thanks for all the help everyone :slight_smile: i think ive just gta let it ride itself out.

11. pirateninja

Oh crap. That's all I have to say right now.

12. llenadepecas

Friend = me
    Dont worry gari. Its obviously a risk im willing to take. Problem abated [well, until the next time anyway] everyone.
    A couple of things:
    What someone said about being kicked out for talking to gays isnt true.
    Also its basically unheard of that a family disowns a person, its not exactly loving, is it?
    Leigh, my parents dont think we're lesbians. [potential ones, yeah]

13. llenadepecas

[i cant fit this all in one post cause im on my phone internet]
    Also...
    In defense of my parents, they want the best for me. Theyre wrong, but never mind. Leigh, you'll be my best friend 'til the day i die and i love you loads no matter if your mind goes blank at the most crucial moments [only joking :grin:]. Dont worry about it.
    For those of you who care, my mum took my phone of me and called my...

14. llenadepecas

... Recent numbers to find out who id been talking to. So thats how that came about. I havent been punished [yet]. I dont think i will be. I think i should probably leave it to leigh to thankyou for advice seeing as it was technically her problem. But my heartfelt thanks go out to you all.

15. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

this is gona sound mean but...thats y i dont get involved with jehovahs whitnesses ...or anyone whos faith blinds them from reality...sry if that was racist...:icon_sad:

16. Leigh

Leigh Guest

so she kinda stole what i was going to say, but the problem seems to have sorted itself out now.

thankyou so much to everyone for all your help - you really stopped me from panicking!!

:icon_bigg