1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this guy want??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HeyBeard, Nov 15, 2012.

1. HeyBeard

Hello again guys and girls:smilewave

WELL FOR ONE, I came out to some more of my friends over facebook, and over all it was a great experience.

This doesn't really have much to do about my crush, but about straight guys in general. is it typical for a "straight" guy to find solace in dating or having sex with many women, just to hide the fact that he may be gay or bi? I'm just asking because there is one of my friends, who has been acting very interested in me ever since he "might" have seen my coming out status. Before I cam out, he didn't talk to me all that much, just normal in class and what not. I was generally the one who would text him, but now he has been engaging every one of the conversations that we have, asking "how my days have gone" and what not. Usually it's very late at night when he wants to talk, usually when everyone is asleep. Like I said, he brings up random questions about my days, and then here will just start replying with very blunt answers or questions, as if he isn't interested anymore. I feel like he is wanting me to tell him something specific, or ask a specific question, but I can't figure it out. Adding on to that, when he comes over to my dorm to study or listen to music, he has been getting very close to me, not quite intimately yet, but it almost makes me uncomfortable given the fact that I'm not interested in him ha ha. Now back to the question, he is always telling me about the girls he has had sex with, and how he has never been able to hold up a relationship because he loses interest or that the girl thinks he's a "dick" lol. :roflmao:

So sorry for another long post, but I love going into details ha ha :grin: But do you guys think that he may be closeted and just finding solace in these short sexual relationships? I just want to know how to go about this, because I'm on the verge of confronting him about it.

Thanks in advance for everyone's opinions!(*hug*)

2. FunnyMonkey

First congratulations on coming out to a few more!!!

It can be one of two things one he is just a player and just like to be a blow were the wind take him.

Or he is trying to over compensate so he seem like a straight guy.

With him texting/setting next to you like that it's a little odd if it was not like that before. If you don't know if he know you are bisexual maybe you just tell so you know if he knows. Then you say if you have an questions you can ask.

He is a shy person ? if so I think he may want more then to be you friend.

3. HeyBeard

Anything guys? Any answers are appreciated, thanks for the one by the way!

4. wandering i

I'm kind of indelicate with situations like this so I'd trust my gut and confront him. You'll learn something from his reaction and following behavior, no matter how it goes.

5. Skeksis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he's a closet case, and he does sound like one, then one of the normal responses to hiding your sexuality is to overcompensate by sleeping with many women. The fact that he's paying a lot of attention to you since you came out is very telling. He's all up in your grill now because he knows you play for the same team as him and he has a shot with you, or so he thinks. He's secretly trying to tell you something by saying he loses interest in these girls after awhile. He loses interest in them on purpose so the relationships never develop into anything more. But I do not recommend you confront him about any of this, especially if you are not interested in him. If you do not like him or have feelings for him, just leave it be. I know you are curious about if he is gay or not but sometimes it's really not any of our business. It's not like he's made overt sexual advances on you that need to be dealt with. My advice is just to be flattered that he wants you and keep the status quo.

#5 Skeksis, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012