1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have this friend at church....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Merc, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Merc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ... And she's one of those touchy-feely people that likes to give hugs as greetings. Which is slowly but surely driving me insane. The thing is, I really, really like her, and have no idea how to keep my hormones under control when she hugs me.

I'm pretty sure she's not gay or bisexual (simply because she's Christian- which is a pretty bad reason considering my status), but sometimes I'm not too sure. Like, even though she almostalways hugs me as a greeting, she doesn't almostalways do that with our other friends.

And then she told me that my sunglasses looked good on me... I've worn them before, and she's never said that.

WAAAAAA!! Girls can be so confusing :confused:

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Umm honey, previously a roman catholic here. And i have 2 bisexual friends who are completely christian. So although christianity ARGUMENTABLY (if i didnt put that there id have pro-gay christians on my ass for the next week)
    against bi/homosexuality, it doesnt mean she's not bi/gay.

But half of what you're saying is kinda wishful thinking to me. Like maybe she only noticed today that they looked good on you? I don't mean to be JohnnyRaincloud but i dont want you getting you hopes up seeing something thats probably not there.

Only time will tell if you two will be just friends or maybe more.

3. Merc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, it probably is a lot of wishful thinking, but it is still hecka confusing :lol:

And I know that there's a possibility she could be gay or bi, it's just that I'd rather not assume. Like I said, saying that she couldn't be would make me a hypocrite :icon_wink

Is it a sign of insanity to think that my wishful thinking isn't completely wishful and could have some truth in it, but thinking that, is, in itself, wishful thinking? Because I think there's a decent possibility of that :lol:

4. Triplume

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Confusing, yes. Especially since you're girls. I tend to see straight girls at my school act touchy-feely in that manner.

If this were the same situation with guys, it definitely wouldn't be wishful thinking. ;D

Heh, well, I'm probably of no help. I just hope all goes well, whether she is or isn't.

5. Yeah, straight girls are often touchy-feely w/ each other, aren't they? In fact, I once met a straight girl who was very uncomfortable w/ her female friends playing w/ her hair, and I found that very odd, just b/c all my female friends have always been totally okay w/ laying their heads on each other's lap and playing w/ e/o's hair. Must be terribly hard for a lesbian... I mean, if a guy started playing w/ my hair, that's a pretty specific sign, I think. But if a girl started playing w/ yours, it's almost like... so what?

Well, good luck, Merc! Even if she not interested in being your girlfriend, it sounds like she's pretty set on being your FRIEND, and that's a great thing.

6. step49x

Oh yes, I just love our great society and the rules we've created... (ok, i'm going on a little tangent here...)

I find that society has set up some pretty interesting standards for guys and gals. It is perfictally acceptable for girls to hug, play with each other's hair, ect. But if guys were to try and do that...

Hey, I'm a Christian (born and raised that way), and I'm gay. It's not impossible to find, it's just pretty darn rare. I also knew a girl from my high school was one of the shyest people you will ever meet, but she was also very touchy-feely, Where that wasn't much of a problem for me, I can see how you might have some 'fun' with that. If a guy ever came up and hugged me like you girls do, ( :eusa_pray ), especially if I knew they were straight, that would make me feel a little uncomfortable, as well.

Sorry I haven't given any actuall advice in this post, I just fealt like saying a few things.