1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He's got such a hold on me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TeePee, Nov 16, 2012.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's been ten months since he dumped me.
    To make it much more clearer let me back up a bit. It was four years ago when i had a minor crash on him. He's the hottest and funniest man i know. Well, the crush grew to pretty strong feelings which i suppressed because i thought he was straight. After two years of completely no contact he came back from a neighbouring country. He dropped hints that he might be gay. There was a bit of flirting here and there and a few weeks later he left. This time we stayed in touch until late last year when he came out to me, telling me he'd always had a crash on me. We started dating and just three months later he broke it off for reasons i still don't get up to this day. That was ten months ago.

I recently found out that he has a girlfriend now and it's killing me. I'm still hopelessly in love with him and i dont know what to do about it.

2. BudderMC

Sounds like he's not worth your time. Either he's not into you, or he's playing games with you, or he's got his own shit to work through. Regardless, I'd get over him. How do you do that?

1) Time
    2) Distance
    3) Distraction

Take some time away from him, physical distance too. If you have to (if you're still in touch regularly), explain to him that you need some space for your own wellbeing. As for distraction... well, find another guy to be interested in, or keep yourself busy with other things in your life.

It's not easy, and it really does suck, but it's doable and quite worth it in the end.

3. Maunglwin

You said you don't understand why he broke up with u, so talk to him about it so that u can know why u guys broke up and get over this. Maybe he's bi who know? But yea, u won't be able to get over him and maybe move on and find other people if you can't get over him. :slight_smile:

4. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks guys, he now lives in that nieghbouring country i mentioned. Whenever i try cutting ties with him he just reappears from nowhere. I hate that he does that but i fall for his charm each time. He never wants to talk about the reasons for the break up. About his sexuality he said he wasn't bi, totally gay. I hat that i do, but i love him to death. I'll try the stuff you mentioned BudderMC, hopefully it will help get him out of my system.

5. Maunglwin

Aww...it sounds like u really like him :slight_smile: I hope everything turns out good!! <3

6. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah i really really do!!