1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ezza192, Nov 17, 2012.

1. ezza192

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    hi everybody

i have a few issues and i dont know what to do and im hoping someone here will be able to give me some advice.

well im 23 years old woman from melbourne australia and ive felt attracted towards woman since i was about 14 when i had a crush on my best friend i thought it was just a phase and thought ill get over it and ill find a boy i really like one day and i wont feel like this any more but thing is it hasnt i always find that i check women out and not men. I have dated a few men and it just doesnt feel right i tried to talk to someone about this and they just said i havent found the right man and when i do it will change but im starting to think it wont i really think im a lesbian but i have been told by a lesbian friend that i cant make the decision because i havent been in a relationship with a woman before.
    what do you guys think ?

2. Eleanor Rigby

Well, I don't know how things went for your lesbian friend, but I knew I was straight far before I got in a relationship with a man. And same goes for most of my gay friends.
    You've been attracted to girls since you were a teenager. You've been crushing on your girl friend. You've dated men and it never felt right. I think it's pretty safe to say that you are a lesbian.
    Now, labels don't matter that much. I think that the best thing to do would be to follow you're heart. If you happen to fall for women, why not trying dating one you would have feelings for and see if that feels better for you than dating men ?
    Take care, Cécile

3. ezza192

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thanks Eleanor i guess i need to not put so much pressure on my self to pick a label