1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you tell people?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jazzrawr, Feb 12, 2008.

1. jazzrawr

I really, really want to come out to my friends, but i dont know how to tell them.

Ive told a few, but only about 3 and they were fine with it, but i have friends who i know won't be ok with it. i want to just keep it to myself until after high school when i wont know any of them anymore, and i can start over new, but what if i'm scared then too?

I definately dont want to stay in the closet for my whole life...and I want to be happy. But I dont want to lose my friends too.

2. KatoKumi

Gosh, this is like, the one thing I haven't experienced. I tell people normally that I'm gay, but I'm sure that's not what it feels like.

When I first came out, it was just to some friends like. "You know, I think he's hot." And then one kinda...turned their back on me. Spread it around. I didn't really have to tell people; because most of them had their suspicions anyway. I just kinda went with it and was like "Yes, actually I am."

I think if they can't accept you, then they're not really your friends [lolecliche]
    Just try and keep who's gonna help you and pass by who isn't gonna hurt you.

Right?
    Idk I'm totally just like...talking out of nowhere right now.

3. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed. Friends that aren't ok with your gayness are not your friends. Such methods as commenting on hot people are easy enough and fairly effective in getting the point across when in a social situation, but when coming out to people close to you I feel that saying it plainly is more appropriate.

4. Brett

Well, I don't know about other ppl, but I bring up something related to gay peopl in conversation to get the subject up, then I lead them somewhere at least semi-private. Then I just day, "I'm.........g........g-gay....." And I usually look away so that I don't have to see them react.......
    So my advice (which I don't follow very well) is to make it as not akward as possible!

5. Orion

Well I'm not out yet, but I already have a first target and it would be a very honest talk. I would tell him that we should pick up a conversation we had long ago. He said something similar to:

"if you like girls then you have nothing to worry about! you do like girls right?"
    Milisecond of silence in which I consider my answer.
    "yyess.."
    "Then ok"

So my plan is to tell him that we should have that conversation again because, if we really are friends, then It's not fair that I lie to him. Therefore even if he's not completely alright with it, I would still feel like I'm doing the right thing.
    It all comes down to the truth for me.