1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents Pissing Me Off

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by standtall00, Nov 17, 2012.

1. standtall00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm just pissed at them. Whenever I ask if my boyfriend can come over, they just say: You know about our views (my whole family is Christian, but only my parents think homosexuality is wrong so they don't want to be near my boyfriend). I want them to give me a chance, but I don't know what to say to them. My boyfriend is a Christian too and a really nice guy. I want to talk to my parents about it, but I don't know what to say to them. Any advice?

Forgot to mention that my mom actually makes the effort to talk about him around the house. My dad NEVER mentions him. My mom is making an effort in her part. But I'm 90% certain my dad is influencing her in some way.

#1 standtall00, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. Jacek

Maybe ask your mom if she wants to go out to dinner or lunch with you and your boyfriend (without your dad). Sounds to me like she's open to meeting him and its nice to eat out once in a while too:slight_smile:

3. stumble along

i wuld try and talk to them about why they think its wrong, get to the root of the issue kind of. if they say because the bible says so (if im right it really only mentions homosexuality in levicticus) then that can easily be shot down and actually turned against them.

and maybe try to sneak him in your house (like he has to come over for tutoring or studying or for a project or related to something important like school etc.) and maybe they will see how nice he is and turn around.

4. All Star

All Star Guest

5. standtall00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's actually not a bad idea :slight_smile: I'll try after Thanksgiving. Thanks :slight_smile: