1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he worth it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bi As A Kite, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Bi As A Kite

Hullo EC,

I first joined this esteemed forum to gain advice on a situation...and here I am again.
    I feel bad that I really don't post much, but meh.

Here's a traditional does he like me? situation, i'm desperate for advice:

- Whenever I see him, we have these long, drawn-out hugs that I've never seen him give to anyone else
    - He finds me funny...
    - Once when alone, we had long hug and he told me he loved me. BUT! With percieved overtones of only-joking, etc etc etc.
    -> But I've never seen him say that to any other guys...
    - When texting each other, his replies to any conversational questions are always short and read unenthusiastic. But sometimes he'll text me, as if to initiate the conversation, but suddenly sounds like he's got better things to do and is getting my text out of the way for something more important.
    - Body language...when we stand together he's hardly ever facing me. Doesn't really look at me when talking either.
    -Once I got a random erection while talking to him and caught him blatantly staring at it (despite my best efforts to hide it) :eusa_doh:

............so yeah, I'm kinda sure he's not into me but am unsure whether to just damn say something to him, having been in this situation too many times now and not having any fun at all. Any advice? :confused:

2. Gen

Gen

Well, I think that would be fairly distracting for anyone, even if only out of confusion.:grin:.

Anyway, there are signs that he could be interested, but there always seems to be signs on the outside. I would just do what you said and just be up front with him. At the very least just come out to him, than if you are feeling confident bring up any feelings between you two, and go with that. Regardless of what we think about him, it will come down to talking to him or not.

3. caramba2654

(Mines not the best way, but it's like an adventure-like discovery, because you have to analyze the facts to decide what to do next.)

Ok. If I were in the same situation as you, I'd probably respond to the things he's doing. For example, from what I've understood, he starts the hugs. So start a hug yourself and see what happens. One other thing that you can do is pursue his eyes. If he doesn't usually look at you when speaking to you, go in the front of his face and try to make him look at you. If he keeps looking somewhere else, then there's something in it.

My best bet? Yeah, he has a crush on you. Try doing the above things and analyze the results to see if it's really true. Then, when you're comfortable, go talk to him about it. If he really has a crush on you, then everything is possible. If he doesn't, you can say that you just had suspicions because of the things you've mentioned above and he'll probably explain them for you.

But beware: don't go talk to him out of the blue. Try to find a situation that suits your needs. Or, if you're really desperate, you could try making one up. Like, I'd say to him that someone told you that you're somebody's crush. And then I'd ask if he had any idea of who could it be. He might tell you that he has a crush on you, he might just say no and leave, or he might say no and keep the conversation going on. If he does that, pay attention to his body language. It might tell if he's lying.

Well, good luck for you. I'm curious to see what other people have to say about your situation...

4. Gravity Defyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Him not facing towards you and not seeing you while you speak... What does that mean? Is he trying too hard to not be into you? (I have the same problem with my crush so I really want to know :frowning2:)

5. HeyBeard

Honestly to me, he just seems like a really good friend. How long have you guys known each other? Like me at first, you may be over analyzing things a bit. My crush did all of these things and more, and he is as straight as can be haha. Just don't let it get to you too much, because it will haunt you later on, trust me, I know from experience :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, best of luck! Let us know what happens!:icon_wink

6. yes

yes

most of that could be put down as friendliness, but it depends on how he does it, what he says and such - do you get the feeling he's nervous around you, does he seem very happy to see you? all the hugging seems a bit suspiscious though; i never hug any male friends unless we're very drunk - but then again that depends on what kinda group of people you're in.

it's so hard to tell. i'm in a very similar situation so i would know...
    there's no real way of knowing - what i am going to try, as i'm in a similar situation, is to find out whether the guy's at all into guys - and if i find out that he is, then try and showly show him i like him, discreetly so he'll get the chance to tell me off before i straight out tell him, to try and avoid a disaster and losing him as a friend. you could do something similar, if you don't like the idea of just telling the guy, which is another option i guess.. good luck anyway and let us know how it goes!!

7. Bi As A Kite

Thanks a million squillion for your advice, people.

@ yes - I came out to him when we finally had a moment alone, he came out as ghey a few months ago. Fustrating, because I've known him for a year before he came out - I was forced to err on the side of caution and conclude he was a flirty straight guy. But I found out he was out, so it was like all these potential feelings can be let out and flourish.

I've tried texting him every now and then recently, mirroring his actions such as just saying "Morning X", but as I said earlier, his replies are so 'meh'.

Example: I mentioned to him via text that his Twitter avatar is cool. His response: "lol thanks". :/

Unsure when I'm actually going to see him again, we're at the same college but he's timetabled differently all week. Will keep you posted, and seriously, thanks for the responses. XX

8. Monmon

Monmon Guest

I don't want to sound too negative, but there are some guys whose only motive is to make you fall in love with them. I don't know why they do it, but it must boost their ego. They will give you signs that they like you and tell you I love you. Once they think you've fallen for them, all of a sudden they are too busy for you, and when you get to see the other side, they might start looking for another one.
    Just be careful, don't fall in love with him too soon. It would hurt like hell to know that he really loved you and just take it away. Some guys are tricky, they would make you think you did something wrong so they blame you for the break up, even though it was them who found someone else. Don't rush, take time to really get to know each other, even better if you stayed just friends. I hope I'm not being to negative.

9. yes

yes

texting and such is tricky. the guy i'm into is the same with it; really meh. but then he'll seem all excited and smiley when i see him face to face, it doesn't go with his texting personality (if you can have such a thing haha). maybe they're just unsure of what to say. i never know what to say in a text, unless it's a practical one where you are deciding when to meet up etc - it just feels awkward to be writing general stuff to someone for me, so i probably come across as uninterested as well.
    do you have any 'excuse' to see him soon, like if you have friends in common, if you all do something together? spending more time with him is probably the best way to really find out if he likes you, rather than analysing things that happened a while ago.

10. Bi As A Kite

I, he, and another went to the cinema the other week to celebrate the another's birthday. We were waiting for my crush to turn up, and when he did, he basically just approached the another (who is a girl, and is better friends with him than I am).

For the rest of the day he spoke to her a lot and a little to me.
    At one point he asked me what underwear I was wearing :s and being a jester and a flirt i said "crotchless knickers".

Recently there was gonna be a repeat of this cinema trip but the girl wasn't able to do it, leaving just me and him - I texted him asking if he wanted to go anyway (just us!!! eeek) and he said "wait for the gang". Oww...

Also this week his college timetable is messed up and i'm not even scheduled to be in college, making it even more difficult just to see him and spend basic time with him (and even if i did have a reason to go in to college, his friends would be all too present anyway)

Might just text him and tell him everything, so so so sick of this.

Thanks people. X

11. Monmon

Monmon Guest

Did it ever occur to you he might be, you know, straight?

12. yes

yes

i wouldn't tell him over the phone though, if i were you. either wait to get him alone, or if you're impatient, tell him you need to see him cause you've got something important to say...

13. caramba2654

Yeah, that happened to me. Turns out I told everything to my crush, and until today he still is my crush. Damn friendzone... ¬¬

14. Bi As A Kite

Was forced to conclude it when I first met him a year ago - he was as good as out, but had his fb info set to straight.

I got into Twitter a while ago, found him on there and guess what? He's out on twitter.

So all these potential feelings I've kept locked up for best part of a year broke free because the first thing blocking a potential relationship is gone.

15. Alexander69

Id say move on find someone you KNOW is actually really into you and wouldn't just stare at your erection if you know what I mean. I'd say move on hun!

16. Bi As A Kite

Would love to move on :frowning2: feel like I need to know the truth first. Then I can sever it.

17. Alexander69

:frowning2: awe! I've never been in love with anyone I've crushed on guys made out but never connected. Sometimes liking someone can be so much work

18. Monmon

Monmon Guest

What do you mean he's out on twitter. Is he gay on twitter?

I think you deserve someone so much better. One that is honest and does not play with your feelings.

---------- Post added 22nd Nov 2012 at 08:53 PM ----------

You've never been to a serious relationship before? gasp a virgin, oh my! I think it's better that way, you're spared from all the bullshit heartaches and drama.

19. Bi As A Kite

I've never had one either. Starting to wonder if it'll ever happen or if it'll ever be worth it. :bang:

20. Monmon

Monmon Guest

How old are you anyway? If you're 20, you're still young. I think you should not yet commit into a serious one. Once you get into one, you won't be able to have sex with anyone you find hot anymore. It's either that, or you could still look for other guys. Think about him, having sex with all the hot guys without guilt, or having sex with the same guy over and over again. Wouldn't that be boring? lol!