1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't find Asians particularly attractive, despite being Asian myself?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by teluphone, Nov 17, 2012.

1. teluphone

I don't know whether it may have to do with my low self-esteem, depression or maybe even how much i've been getting out in this world. It seems a little frustrating to be living in a society whereby the majority of people here are Asians. Anyone ever feel the same?

2. Gen

Gen

I wouldnt say that say that I am the same, but it is completely normal. Many people arent attracted to those similar to them. It is quite common.

Personally, I dont really find men with smaller builds, such as I, or fairly non-masculine personalities, such as I, to be particularly attractive. I actually love shorter and camp men more than others, but dont even think to look at them in a "attraction" mindset. I dont know why, it just doesnt normally work for me.

People have preferences.

3. BudderMC

I'm (half) Asian, and I've never found an Asian guy that I thought was attractive. I used to think up many of the same reasonings you are right now, but at some point I just decided "screw it, I really don't like Asians, so what?".

It seems there's also a lot of non-Asians that like Asians, so I'll just meet me one of those guys and we'll get along just fine.

Point is though, everyone has preferences; you just don't prefer Asians. It's not a big deal or anything to feel bad about.

4. prism

Completely agree with Gen and BudderMC.

I'm half Asian and have lived in all-Asian communities my entire life. I love my culture, have tons of Asian friends, but I have never been attracted to an Asian.

5. silkfrog1292

Same here, I'm from a predominantly asian society as well, and I'm ethnically asian. But I don't particularly find Asian men attractive. We all have our preferences I guess :slight_smile:

6. teluphone

I'm Hong Kong person myself (born in HK but raised in multiple countries so i know a few languages). i heard there are a fair amount of Non-chinese people living in Hong Kong if i'm not wrong.

Singapore is essentially all Chinese, Malays and Indians.