1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might have told a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PenAndInk, Feb 12, 2008.

1. PenAndInk

Ok so I came so close to telling my closest gay friend that I was literally seconds away from coming out to him. I had the whole message typed out on AIM and I spent too long telling myself to just HIT THE FREAKIN' ENTER BUTTON, that he said bye and signed off as I sent it, and it arrived after he signed off. I don't know if he'll get the message, because on my computer at least, I can received IMs when I'm signed off. If it did go through and he'll get when he signs on next I guess that's ok, I just wanted to talk with him about it right when he got the message, so that I could ask him not to tell other people at our school. We attend a very small school for math and science together, and I'm not ready for the rest of my friends at that school to find out just yet (it's complicated). So, I kind of fluked on that :dry: I think I argue internally with myself too much sometimes.

Should, I just let it go, and wait for him to say something if he got the message, or seek him out about it? Advice would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. Sexiican01

I'd just stay quiet until he said something about it.

I have something to say but I can't explain it
    x_x;;
    I hate this feeling

3. PenAndInk

well, if you figure out a way to say it please let me know :icon_bigg

4. SkyTears

For one I wouldn't be so worried about him telling other people because he would probably talk to you about it before he would to others but if you want to make sure then I suggest that you do talk to him about it. If you had sent him the message then I'm guessing that you were ready to tell him so I would say talk to him and if you still aren't sure just ask him if he got the message that you sent him when you logged off and see what he says

5. Zec24

I think SkyTears has a good point. He probably just wouldn't up and start telling everyone. Being gay himself I'm sure he understands the issues people might have with that. Even if he weren't gay I would hope he would have the sense not to blab something like that around before checking with you.

I guess when you next see him you can ask if he got your message, unless the next time you see him is online in which case he'll probably bring it up. I wouldn't worry too much.
    Also, if you have his phone number maybe you could call him and ask to talk?