1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy scary homophobic mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fireworks, Nov 18, 2012.

1. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Yeah. My problem is, I have one of these^^
    She's a devout Muslim. It does not help.
    I'm going to try not to be too emotional in this post, I don't want to upset myself. I think you can all imagine what it might be like to not be accepted, so I won't start ranting pointlessly.
    Came out to her in April, and since then she has virtually disowned me. It's like she doesn't want anyone to associate her with me. She doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I came out. And then she keeps calling it perverted, and comparing it to paedophila, incest and bestiality. I just sort of have to sit there and listen to her and try not to slap her.
    The worst part is that, everyone else I know has taken it really, really well. It's like she's the only obstacle left between me and complete happiness. It's just so UGHHHH. I keep hoping she'll come around, but she refuses to listen to any other opinions on the topic.

I'm just looking for a little positivity here, a little hope.
    Anyone struggled with a similar reaction, whose situation actually improved in the end? I'd like to know.

2. Cicatrix

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey!

I'm sorry to hear that you're also one of those people whose family members refuse to accept them the way they are.

My mom (who isn't even religious) has the same views of LGBT people (it's perverted, and she compares it to o paedophila, incest and bestiality etc) and believe me, it is NOT fun for me to hear her insulting people like me. Yep, I am one of them, and if she refuses to accept that, then that shows how close-minded she is.

The problem with families is that you simply cannot choose your parents and if you're one of those unlucky people with intolerant parents, well...I guess you'll just have to grit your teeth together and wait till you get your own place etc.

You're still very young (14?) so I am sure this is very hard for you, but I guess the best thing you can do is ignore her and just shrugg it off. You know who you are.

Some people are just plain stupid when it comes to certain things, and believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

Never argue with a fool, it won't lead to anything.