1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lying cheating boyfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Monmon, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Monmon

Monmon Guest

How do I deal with a lying boyfriend? Seems like all the relationships I get into end up in the toilet. Last one I had, he told me that he has really gotten to fall in love with me. We even shared a wonderful time together. I thought we had so much in common. Then he just texted me out of the blue that he just wants to be friends. He said he got back with his ex-boyfriend. I mean, why would he get into a relationship with me if he's planning to get back with his ex? He just used me. He couldn't possibly get bored with me that fast. I suspect he found another guy more good-looking than me. One of his ex saw our picture together and told me he's a habitual liar. Maybe it was all for the better that our relationship ended, but it feels awful to be used. I did not love him that much, but I felt a cold splash in my heart when I woke up that morning.

2. Pat

Pat

Well if the relationship is already over, then it's done. If not, then you should end it. Period. I tell guys all the time, there's a difference between what should be your PREFERENCES and what your standards are. Most people flip these around entirely and will take a guy who meets the aesthetic needs they want. Don't settle, you'll never be happy. Not saying that the guy shouldn't be attractive to you, that's a big part of it. But don't let the attractive guy make excuses for your standards. Standards being communication, that's a big one for me. If he will lie to you, he will steal from you. He's a selfish person, it all goes hand in hand. I wouldn't even give him the satisfaction of knowing that he hurt your feelings, just move on like he does. Of course, being used is no good. But take your time and let someone come to you.

3. Monmon

Monmon Guest

Yes, that's what I wanted to do. Let him feel that I didn't have any feelings for him either. That I was up to the same thing, that I also used him.

But I was thinking, if I did, he wouldn't feel bad about himself, because he didn't do anything wrong. He'd be like we're even, so there won't be an ounce of guilt in him.

I really hate that he told me I was different from all the other guys he met. That he does not take the others seriously, but he's going to take me seriously, because I'm not like the rest. I hate that I was too stupid to believe in his lies.

#3 Monmon, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012