1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emotional vs. physical attraction confusion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by newguy88, Nov 18, 2012.

1. newguy88

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys,

This might be a dumb post but I figured I would take a shot. Please forgive me guys, I'm really new to all of this. I'm 24 years old and only recently (i.e. two weeks ago) began exploring my interest in men, having had almost no sexual experience previously. But my experience so far is not what I thought it would be with respect to attraction.

So I met a guy online whom I found very attractive. He is much more experienced than I am and is extremely patient, caring, and understanding with me; he knows that I'm only just beginning to explore my sexuality. We've had sex once so far, and have gone out a couple times since then. I'm really starting to develop feelings for him.

The thing that is gnawing away at me is this: I find the guy very attractive, but it is not purely his looks which I find exciting. The more I get to know him, the more I am aroused by him. I'm aroused when we make out, when we cuddle in bed, when he touches me softly, and even when he makes mention of how much he likes me. The sex is just a product of these things.

I'm concerned because I don't find random hook-ups exciting or sexually stimulating. I'm attracted to this guy because of the connection we share - that is what really turns me on. Is this natural? At 24 years old, I assumed I would be humping anything that moved, but without that special connection to someone, I can't seem to become aroused. What does this mean?

2. It means nothing. I'm the same way; no arousal without being emotionally enticed. It means you're not willing to have sex just because

3. Night Sun

It sounds like you may be Demisexual. Check out this wiki page: Demisexual - AVENwiki
    You could also check out Aven if that seems to fit and you want more support/ info. just type it into google and you should get a result

4. Sweet Witch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nah I think a lot of people are like that. I also only really feel sexual attraction to people I feel an emotional bond with. Some people can have sex just for sex and some people can't. Nothing's wrong with either way it's just a matter of one's individual drives.

5. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Add me to the list of people who feel that way.
    It's not a cause for concern at all.