1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't hold it off any longer...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JakeHas, Nov 18, 2012.

1. JakeHas

So recently I've been able to talk to very close family and friends about my sexuality. We have all come up with the conclusion that I just need to not think about it and relax. It's difficult to do so with a girlfriend constantly trying to put me in situations where I'm uncomfortable (she doesn't know I am uncomfortable). I've decided that for my own well-being I need to stop the relationship. I don't want to have to deal with these kind of things at this age. Right now, I just need to not think and enjoy life while still young. I don't want to have to put myself as well as others in this with me. So what I asking of you at this point is advice. I keep putting off that one "talk". I get scared every time I even think about trying. I was planning to Facetime her and we talk (only Facetime because I only see her at school, that's not the greatest place to break up at, not that there is a "good" place). I don't know how to start, what to say, and just overall what to do. I truly do appreciate her and everything she does for me, at this point it's just not healthy for me anymore.
    I hope you guys can give me good advice for my situation.
    Thanks everyone

2. Jacek

I would break up with her in person. Even it is at school- maybe ask her to meet you for a bit after school. It's just more polite and considerate in my opinion... Best of luck and you are right- no need to stress yourself out when you don't have to:slight_smile:

3. silkfrog1292

I agree with Jacek, breaking up over electronic communication channels are one of the worst ways to do so because it comes off as insincere and seemingly "taking the easy way out" by not facing the person you're breaking up with. So i suggest either asking her to stay a bit after school, or try to see her in person during the weekends. It's always easier to explain your situation to her in person than trying to talk sense to someone over a screen.

Also, as an act of encouragement I think you've made the right choice. Forcing something that was just not meant to be would only prolong the pain. Better end it now than later.

4. JakeHas

Thanks everyone, I'm not sure when I would be able to stay after school but I will definitely look into it.

5. JakeHas

I just did it. I had asked her if she wanted to go to the park, she said she wouldn't be able to. Then she asked why I wanted to (it's out of the ordinary to want to go do something out of random) and I just told her I wanted to talk about some stuff but it can wait. Then she wouldn't stop asking me to tell her (she doesn't have the greatest of patience haha). So she ended up factimeing me and I told her. I even said, I don't think I should over facetime, it would be rude! Yet she forced it out of me. Honestly right now I have mixed emotions about everything. School is gonna be hell Monday...

6. spiderweb

spiderweb Guest

I hope things turn out okay...keep us posted

7. JakeHas

Everyone is texting me and yelling at me on Facebook for something that was needed to be done! I can't even think right now, I feel like the bad guy for doing what needed to be done. I don't know what to do...

8. TheFirstStep

I know exactly what your going through.

I had to break up with my girlfriend about two weeks ago. And im not going to lie, it was scary as hell, and i wasn't sure if i could go through with it.

But it occurred to me that, although i may not have known at the start of the relationship that i was starting something that wouldn't be able to last. (because i recently came out to myself and accepted myself as gay) i thought of her, and how unfair it is to her to just keep leading her on down this road of lies, leading her to a doomed relationship.

I ended it with her, and i hurt so bad, but so did she. And she didn't talk.to me for about a week and a half; then on Tuesday, she told me that she wanted to remain friends.

Im not saying that it will go any better or any worse for you, but i am saying that you will feel so liberated and free once you come out to her.

Tomorrow will always begin with a rising sun, the world will nt stop for you, so it's up to you to do what you have to in order to make the most of the days you have left here on earth.

(i think im going to quote myself on Facebook with that last one. :grin:)

Your doing the right thing.

---------- Post added 23rd Nov 2012 at 08:15 PM ----------

Your not the bad guy, if anything, what you did was righteous and respectable.

You thought of her, and not yourself. You are going to feel like crap for a couple days, but I assure you, its going to all work out for the better.

Just read my blog. Im trying to keep a record of all im going through in my transition, and I believe that once you see that you are right where I was not too long ago, you'll feel things will be better. Because they will.

9. JakeHas

Thanks, a lot! She is just now starting that "angry" phase of the breakup. I have actually told her about me before, she stayed with me. But at this point you are right, I'll just hang on and think positive.
    (P.S. I love that quote of yours! Very nice!)

---------- Post added 24th Nov 2012 at 04:01 PM ----------

Made this for ya
    [​IMG]