1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need major help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alex0791, Feb 13, 2008.

1. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay so im 16 and theres this freshman at my school and i think hes super cute and i wanna get to know him... BUT, most of my friends think hes straight... That dreaded S word! Anyway! I feel i wanna take a chance... Should I?

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no harm in becoming friends with him, but getting to know him just so you can hopefully hook up with him isn't the best thing to do. You need to have the right intentions to be friends with somebody.

If he is bi/gay then great, but don't be surprised if he isn't. Don't let your emotions take over and make sure you make the right decision. Remember that decisions like this are not all about you. It can affect him just as much, so think carefully about it.

3. sdc91

You wouldn't want a girl to take advantage of you, so don't take advantage of him.

4. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You guys are right... I shall give him up... Its probably the best and right thing to do.

5. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you should just give him up. Just make sure you have the right intentions if you do want to become friends with him. If you only plan on becoming friends with him for personal gain then you should either leave him be or change your motives.

If you did become friends with him then you would still have a relationship. It may not be the one you want, but it's still unique.

6. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are absolutely correct Martin. What was I thinking? I was being very foolish and I was clouding my own judgement. And you have a point.. I can still be friends with him but I highly doubt thats ever going to happen.

7. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

just befriend him and get to know him as "him"...and eventually youll get the vibe if hes straight or not...and if hes straight (most likely he is) ...well, then youv made urself a good straight friend anway...btw does he know that you are gay?

8. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, more than likely he does know. But Im not sure about this anymore... It has too much of a negative road...

9. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, becoming friends with him can have the complete opposite effect of being good and full of fluffy bunnies and pink happiness. Quite a few people end up getting more feelings for their friends because they are so close to them. Once again it's important that they don't act on them as it's not just themselves they will be affecting.

If you do choose to become friends with him then fair enough, but just remember that it can become more difficult if you do. You seem to be aware of that though judging from your above post so i shall spare you the massive post of scenarios. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. jman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i know how u feel i am going threw the same thing

11. sexyalex

ogh!! ok Alex...wow, i said earlier there are allto of David's here but there are allot of Alex's too.....good thing i am Alexander. :lol: anyways, from a alex to an alex there is NOTHING wrong with "getting to know" someone especially if u both go to the same school. however, if ur checking him....umm, in a very obvious way which would freak anyone of any sexual orientaion out then no no no.

tell us how ur "getting to know" plan works out :slight_smile: lol