1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl crushing on me...please stop!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FishMan27, Nov 20, 2012.

?

Do I tell her?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. FishMan27

There's this girl in the grade below me who clearly has a huge crush on me. We sit at the same lunch table and she stares at me while I'm eating. She also makes awkward comments like "You eat likes man!" and "You're so dainty!" It's really weird! We also have one class together and she's always turning around to talk to me.

Obviously, she doesn't know I'm gay. We've talked about gays and gay marriage before, and she has talked about how she thinks gay couples are cute. She's totally cool with gays.

I've thought about just telling her I'm gay in order to stop all her flirtatious behavior, but I don't want to use my sexuality as a tool like that. That's kind of a strange way to put it, I guess, but it's just kind of a strange situation. She's rather socially awkward to begin with, too. She's like this huge perfectionist (as am I to a certain degree) who asks a lot of weird questions or interjects into conversations in order to be a part of them. She also loves to try to correct people, even if she's wrong. Now I am getting a little off topic. At the same time, I don't think it's fair to let her get her hopes up or anything.

What do you guys think? Do I tell her or not?

2. Ticklish Fish

LOL, there are also some girls who think they can turn gays straight, like those men who think they can turn lesb straight...

I would find a way (that I don't know how) in order to redirect her attention elsewhere... just want to point out that playing the gay card doesn't work sometimes...

3. dano22

dano22 Guest

I know a girl who crushed on me hard and would not stop asking me out. She claimed we were meant to be together and I was nice to her because I liked her more than a friend. I would of came out to her but she was one not to keep quiet so I never even told her because I knew once I told her she would talk to people behind my back. There is nothing you can really do about it unless you come out and tell her your gay. It depends on how aggressive she is being towards you. This girl was very aggressive and it scared the hell out of me.

4. AAASAS

Take it as a compliment, and maybe pretend to show interest in another girl to gently let her know you aren't available to her?

How annoying can a crush be anyways? Just let her know your comments make you uncomfortable, or possibly find a way to squash her from saying them again; like gently put her down or let her know you don't think of her that way.

If you are comfortable with letting people know you are gay, then you should just let her know, but I wouldn't come out of the closet for this sole reason.

5. SheWhoHasNoName

GOD... Tell her now. Better to kill her hopes now than have her hopes fly high and hurt her more later.

6. madi

Hell her for sure. You know she isn't homophobic and although I'm sure it will be disappointing to hear for her, it's better to tell her before she gets even more fixated on you. Tell her so she can move on and know you guys can't be more than friends.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no reason to tell her unless you don't mind that potential of her telling others. You could just tell her you're not interested in her at all.

Lex