1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any experience with ******?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by madanesor, Nov 20, 2012.

1. madanesor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey,
    I have been kind of depressed lately because event though I am making progress coming out, I am kind of lonely. I have no clue how to go about meeting other gay guys near me! I went through a strange phase where I tried craigslist for a while but all anyone on there seems to want is a hookup. I am at the point now where I think I would be ready for something a bit more than that, maybe not a relationship but something at least constant and with more than just a physical aspect.

So I figured I would give ****** a try. I downloaded is a few days ago and started talking on it for the first time today. A lot of creeps but I actually have been chatting with a few nice guys. Does anyone have any experience with it? Ever meet someone actually worthwhile?

EDIT:
    So apparently I am not allowed to say what I wanted to (not sure why sorry if its breaking a rule!) but its an app on my iphone to let me meet other gay guys near me

#1 madanesor, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I can't speak to the viability of gay apps, but I can confirm that we don't allow people to mention them by name, as that goes against Section 5 of the Member Conduct part of the Code of Conduct:

As these apps are intended for an 18+ audience, they fall under the purview of this rule, so we automatically block out their names so we don't have to edit a post every time someone posts about them.

Asking whether they're legit is totally okay, though, so carry on, everyone. :slight_smile:

3. Jacek

I want to know this as well, I downloaded the same app but I'm too scared to post a pic yet lol...

4. AAASAS

I don't have a cell phone or use social media but I have used chat sites to meet other people.

I have never developed a relationship out of any of the hook ups I had. All the guys on those sites are either super gay and just in it for sex, or are super closeted and just in it for sex. I am closeted but am looking for a relationship as well, so I would find this threads responses useful as well, if there are any comments that don't focus on apps.

Not having facebook, or a cellphone, and living in the country makes it practically impossible.

I have tried craigslist and got many responses but all were for sex, and from a lot of older men; I was actually surprised at how many married gay men there are in my town. Those sites are shady, and you can never trust if the other person is clean, so your best bet is to maybe try a website that is more focused on dating than sex? If that is even possible. I don't know of any gay closet website or chat sites, so I can't really name any even if I was allowed.

What exactly are you looking for? Because there is a lot on the internet.

Anonymous sex is sketchy, but relatively easy to find. I wouldn't recommend it, as like I said you can't trust if people are clean on that crap.

I've tried many random chat sites, but no luck. It seems all good gay guys are out of the closet, makes sense because it takes a lot of courage and character to come out. At least you can know other people struggle with the same crap.

#4 AAASAS, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope, I have had no experience with six asterisks. Sounds really hot though. I'm just trying to get one asterisk in my life.

6. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can guess what app you're talking about - i've downloaded the same one but haven't really used it yet. It'd be nice to make some new friends in my area, but i'm still kinda skeptical about it. It does look like there are some genuine sounding people though, rather than just people looking for random hookups, so i might give it a go.

7. Mogget

Nine times out of ten the people on hook-up based sites claiming to want a relationship are lying.

8. Juggalo

OMG me too. I've been trying for months to just find a gay person to hang out with so I can discuss my woes, to no avail.
    No experience with date apps or sites though. Sorry. Just seems to me, and this is just my opinion here, but I wouldn't trust an app. I'd rather meet someone in person and get to know them that way.

9. Bree

I wish this site had a "like" button.

10. Juggalo

I thought the same thing when I saw that, lol. Maybe they could implement the "like" function from edit: a certain forum related to an MMO that I play (naming the website is against the rules maybe)? Its pretty unobtrusive, and the only forum I've stumbled across that has one.

#10 Juggalo, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  11. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I wouldn't say it's impossible because they generally are a few decent guys on ****** and other apps and sites alike. It just becomes off putting if your like me where you don't know if someone is genuine or not. I prefer to stick with chat us they stick with it then I might be tempted to share a pic but even then it's really hard to make the decision.

Still stranger things have happened so who knows.

I know what you mean with the gay dating sites. Then seem to say "DATING" but all the guys on them want is a hook up.

Decent guys do exist though... Just have to find them.

12. madanesor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah I have been talking to this one guy since last night sporadicly and he hasn't been to creepy at all so yay :slight_smile:

13. Zontar

Stranger hookups are a good way to get an STD.

14. madanesor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  15. stumble along

I have an app and I've met some gebuine people, and some creepers. I've been tqlking to one guy for quite a while but not in the past month.