1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

grr mad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Urman, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Urman

Urman Guest

Ok as u know i posted on the forum that i had a bf.Ok he is in the same class as me and my friends.He promised me we will keep this to ourself however he was out to a kid in our class so blah blah blah i was on aim one night and he outed me to this kid in our class and told him about us remind u he is out to this kid so i thought about it and i broke up with him.And he flipped out on me for no reason and now he is saying he is sorry and he loves me and he really wants to go out again but i am hurt.

2. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is rude that he would out you to that friend of his like that, but does it really make you that upset with him? If he trusts that friend with his sexual identity, I'm sure it's not going to kill you if he confides it to him. Unless the friend is going to run about whistle blowing I don't think that incident should ruin your relationship.

3. Urman

Urman Guest

what should i do / any advice

4. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say that you forgive him. It was a trusted friend and so long as it was only him, I don't see it being lethal to anyone involved. If it happens with again with a more random person, then that is just plain disrespect.

5. Urman

Urman Guest

I understand i trusted him... one side of me says forgive him the othes side says forget him.

6. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I say forgive him. He already knows what will happen if he does it again, and he kept the out-ing in a confined space of only his one friend. Maybe he has a different way of thinking about sexuality than you, a way of thinking that makes him special. Just talk to him and let him know that being outed really hurt you and ask him never to do it again. I'm sure he didn't do it to hurt you, maybe he just needed a friend to talk to about his relationship because he was real excited/worried/nervous/etc. - Maybe he was asking his friend about valentines gifts (for you) and his friend asked him who is it for and he just couldn't take hiding it anymore and told him. Theres a lot to be considered here, but I would forgive him, atleast then you can get the whole story.