1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does it hurt to love him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Danjal, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Danjal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I don't know why I'm asking in here, but I can't seem to sort this out..

For about 2 months ago I visited this forum to ask how I should come out and so :wink: and I'm thankful for that, cause ever since my life has been almost perfect! :slight_smile: however, for about a month I've been quite in love with this guy, and I know he's in love too, at least that's what he says - and I do trust him on that issue. He's amazing and beautiful, and to be honest I can't stop thinking about him. The problem is, that for the last week my mood has made a 180' turnaround from being really happy and in love to be in massive pain!. I have no idea why, and even when he texts me "<3" I get sad! And I do love him, but fr some reason I feel pain when he's near me :frowning2:

Anyway, what do I do? I can't stop thinking about it, and the more I try to stop my feelings the worse they get! I can't imagine not having him in my life, and really I do love him - my best girlfriend told me, that I might be scared that he wouldn't be as much in love as I Am.. She might be Right, but that actually only makes me feel pathetic.. I would do anything to come back to that feeling I had before, where it felt like nothing could stop me, and my hands felt comfortably numb and it felt like my stomach was full of butterfly's!

Well, I hope that some of you have tried this before, and maybe even knows how I should deal with it. Hope for the best

Danjal

#1 Danjal, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. Alexander69

I've felt like this before never been in a relationship but I've had experience... Anyways maybe your not the dating type? I know in my mind I want to date but in my body it's like just get in get out... I'm weird that way. I mean ya is love to be in a relationship with the perfect guy but no guy has made my standards yet. They always look the part but there attitude and personality OMG assholes.... Sorry for the language. But I think you are over thinking also and worrying to much. Just calm down and relax hun you love him and you said "love" so you are serious about him your over thinking it you need to look at what you wrote "I do love him" you wrote that, that means you really do love him!! :slight_smile: just calm down and talk to him also say what you are feeling that will help you greatly :slight_smile: I hope I helped

Alexander

3. Danjal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I talked to him, and he actually had felt it.. But we're trying to maybe see each other a little less and now having a break for a week, with no contact to see if that may help :slight_smile:

Anyway thanks for your help :wink:

4. PinkTractor

I'm not sure this will help but I will offer it up anyway. The one time I experienced what you are describing I was madly, passionately in love with an amazing man. The pain came because I could all too clearly imagine exactly how much it would hurt if he decided he didn't love me in return. It was as though even in our moments of greatest joy, I could see that train of heartbreak coming down the tracks, and there was nothing I could do but wait to be destroyed by it. My love for him was too overwhelming for me to leave him first.
    End result? After 3 years together, he dumped me for another woman. In an email, no less.
    Could it be that you feel you are getting a glimpse into the future, and feeling the start of that pain already?
    I may be totally off base, as I said at the beginning. Best wishes.

5. Pain

Pain Guest

Like your friend says, it might be because you're afraid that he isn't as in love with you as he says. And actually, I have been at that point before. Several times in fact. For me, that sad feeling I had when we were in contact lasted for a while, usually because we couldn't see each other and I began doubting if things could work. We've gotten to the point where we still love each other, but circumstances pull us apart so we've transitioned to an open relationship. I've lately felt so much more of a gravity towards my love, now that we've been 'freer,' relationship-wise. A break could be good, and that can lead to feeling like you just want to hear from him that much more.

Best of luck.

6. Danjal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks you guys!!

Pink tractor: I feel exactly like that!!! It's SO frustrating, and apparently he has felt it too, but we're working on it now :slight_smile: ill tell you if it works out :wink:

Thanks for the great answers :grin: if there's anyone else that has experienced these things, please let me know! :slight_smile: