1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need relationship advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Myra48, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Myra48

im a trans guy who likes girls. i do not like guys, i never have. but i have this friend who liked me. He was really upset when i told him that i only like girls but we are really good friends now and i think i am falling in love with him. but the problem is i dont want to have sex with him or kiss him. i dont want to touch him and i dont want him to touch me. im so confused about this. he doesnt care one bit that im trans. he himself is trans* he thinks he wants to be a girl, but i dont think he would ever transition. hes bi so if i ever did like him, he wouldnt care that i want to be a guy. i think about him all the time and were always doing things together. were closer than just friends. i dont even know any more. Any of you have a friendship like this? do you think its possible to fall in love with a person whos the opposite sex than your attracted to?

2. Jim1454

I think it's possible to love someone who is the opposite sex, but not necessarily fall in love with them. But that's me.

3. rday13

rday13 Guest

I think it's possible. One of my close friends is a transguy who is attracted to girls, yet is currently casually dating a gay guy. I can't speak for falling in love, because love is a beautiful, inexplicable thing that defies attempts at explanation. I can only hypothesize but predictions aren't always the reality on the ground.
    Perhaps you feel more of a romantic connection with your friend, but not a physical one?
    On another note, I get to see my friend and his bf tomorrow :grin: I'm so excited

4. Noir

I can understand what you're going through, and my advice would be to take your time. Don't panic, enjoy the relationship--whatever that may be, as long as it makes you happy and you're willing to work through it. If you're meant to end up together it'll happen somehow, and it will happen regardless of such trifles as labels and orientations (of course, I'm not dismissing your personal identity, it's part of who you are and you should be proud of it! :slight_smile: ). You end up loving who you love, and it's perfectly alright to take your time to figure out what "kind" of love it is. I see nothing wrong with being satisfied only romantically for now. It might be better, in fact, just so that you know you're not rushing into a physical relationship before you're sure of BOTH of your feelings.

I wish you luck!! :thumbsup: And don't worry, it'll work itself out somehow! :slight_smile:

5. Bree

And don't hurt him by starting a relationship when you only love him, you're not attracted to him. That's not fair to him, and sometimes it's really hard to tell the difference. If your heart doesn't jump when you see him, don't do it!!!