1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel shallow.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sscott, Nov 22, 2012.

1. sscott

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, this may sound very narcissistic, but I have a lot of girls who are interested in me, but I obviously cannot be interested in them. They are all people who don't know my situation, so it's kind of awkward. I guess I contribute me not being completely out to my problem. Have any of you guys dealt with this?

2. PurpleCrab

Sort of. Me, it was with guys, and still is sometimes.

When I was still living as a girl I always had a bunch of big stupid hairy machos running after me (which is really the type of guys I don't like) and they were completely oblivious to what I TOLD them, that I wasn't interested, that I was just into girls.

Then I started just shrugging it off and made fun of the situation, asking them what they wanted to do with my penis?
    It shooed most of them away but, believe it or not, it attracted some of them some more :bang:

3. KarnKahlo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don`t feel guilty for not being interested in them. And interest goes beyond sexuality, I have straight male friends who are constantly being hounded by girls, but they are not interested. You like people for their personality etc....So I guess what I am saying is don`t worry yourself. And don`t let the awkwardness get to you to much. You do not have to be interested in someone just because they are interested in you. I hope this helps...I am really bad at advice giving!

4. canuck

I work in a busy downtown area where multiple men hit on me daily. I used to think it was super awkward and didn't know what to say, and now I've learned to take it as a compliment. Not all these girls need to know why you are turning them down. You can tell them whatever you are comfortable with.

5. inlove21

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have experienced this, and even though I'm. Not particularly interested I'm females to me it's a bit flattering that they like me. Almost an ego boost. But don't let it bother you, look at it as a compliment. You dost have to tell them that your uninterested.

6. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No, I never been a ladiesman or anything.

:grin: I know if I girl I like told me that after asking her out, I'll ask her to marry me at that very momment :grin: