1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hit Hard

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Revan, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So this is probably one of the most random posts I've made because I'll be honest, I don't think I've had this happen before, yet at the same time I could be blowing this way out of proportion and/or just being silly.

Pretty much I had gone to my program supervisor's office and she was fixing the photocopier. I noticed this group of friends by her office door and I definitely didn't imagine this gorgeous guy look directly at me and smile. And honestly when that happened my heart just melted...I suppose that's the best way to put it....I guess. I mean I almost forgot what I was even doing there for a second because I just felt like I was hit hard.

But the reason I say I may very well be blowing this out of proportion is that obviously don't even know him, nor do I even know if he's gay (though he had like three girls with him). I mean I'm honestly basing this out of the fact I felt like I just completely got hit by a train...I mean hell it's been 12 hours and I am STILL thinking about that same moment. I've seen gorgeous guys before, but u know straight guys just glance past you or don't keep eye contact, and even with straight guys its been like "oo hello gorgeous" but never anything serious more just like when you check out some guy, and now I'm rambling lol. The upside guys is that he clearly does go to school in the building I'm at, my building only runs four programs in it with likely a population of...maybe no more than 300 students in the entire building so running across him again is possible.

But yeah like I said before, am I just being a dork/silly or do you think there's something more to it?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These kinds of crushes, and instant attractions, do happen. From the sounds of it, this is your first one. If you felt something inside of you, and you still can't stop thinking about it, I'd say there is more to it. :slight_smile:

What to do? If he already looked at you and smiled back, I'd say when you cross paths with him, say hi and see what he says.

It's possible you might also run into him in the Student Centre or another area of the campus. Maybe try to be a bit prepared for that so that it doesn't take you by complete surprise.

3. KarnKahlo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think your being silly at all. I have had a slightly similar experience. There was this guy in my class and from our interactions (lingering looks, and strong eye contact) I thought he may of liked me. Through a turn of embarrassing events, I found out that he does not. I would say play it safe and not make to much of it. The guy I thought liked me was straight and apparently loved making persistent eye contact. But if you do meet the person again, then make contact if you feel this is something you want to pursue. Whats the worse that could happen? Embarrassment.....but it would pass! But just to keep yourself sane try not to over think things like I did (now I am consuming massive amounts of chocolate). :slight_smile:

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess that's all people have to say, but I had a feeling it might be that way lol. Thanks Mirko and Karn for your thoughts guess we'll just have to wait and see.