1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first potential date

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by madanesor, Nov 24, 2012.

1. madanesor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys,
    so I have been talking to this guy I met through a friend for a while via text like all week. He asked me to hang out this weekend yesterday so yay. Im not really sure if this is a date or not haha, but either way its my first time hanging out one on one with another gay guy so any tips would be great :slight_smile: Im a little nervous haha

2. rday13

rday13 Guest

Stay calm and positive, that always helps. He must like you if he asked, so don't worry about impressing him. Just be yourself, and go with the flow. Do dress up nice though (but not too nice, I had an incident of out-dressing my date...never gonna do THAT again haha).
    Some guys refer to dates as 'hangouts'...some of my friends totally do that.
    Will you guys be grabbing dinner as part of this? Food is nice with first dates, but not movies (you can't do much talking in theatres).

Good luck and hope you have a great time :grin:

#2 rday13, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  3. I'm not sure where you two are hanging out or what kind of guy he is by your post, but you can never go wrong with laid back and casual for a first time. Really just go with the flow though. See how he is and adjust yourself where needed to suit the activity level. First meeting is just like getting to know him more one-to-one. Can't really prepare for these things, so just go with it and have a great time!
    :goodluck:

4. BudderMC

Regardless whether this is or isn't ending up to be a date, keep this in mind: even though he's gay, he's still just a guy. Hang out with him and get to know him like you would anyone else. The only difference is that if you decide you like him more than that, you can actually express those feelings afterwards.

Have fun! :slight_smile:

5. madanesor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks for the advice