1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by got2loveu, Nov 24, 2012.

1. got2loveu

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Please I need help!
    I come from a Latin family really strict w the whole catholic part...
    I haven't come out of the closet yet.. I don't know how to start the whole coming out conversation with my parents.. any ideas?
    And can you guys share any of your coming out stories?
    -I'm a happy lesbian, & I'm dating a wonderful woman 4 years now!
    Help please :tears:

2. KarnKahlo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,
    I come from a religious Indian family. So I can relate to how you feel. For me, I have come out to some of my friends. Really close ones that I knew I could trust. And it helped, since I felt I could be more honest with them. As for my family........I have recently come out to my brother. It was hard but worth it. The way I did it was he jokingly said I was gay. And later on the bus home I sent him a text saying I am gay. And at first he was confused since he couldn't tell whether I was fooling around or being honest. But once he understood, he was slightly shocked but really supportive. It made me feel a lot better to be honest with him. We were never super close but this helped us get closer. I am really happy to hear your in a happy relationship with someone! That is good you have each other to support. Even though my family is religious and when I do come out it will be hard. I know that they love me and it is the initial wave that is the hardest to ride. But hopefully it gets smoother after that (I hope). I hope my experiences have helped you in some way. Best of luck!! :slight_smile: