1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MtF Voice Training and Microphones

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Valkyrimon, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I'm practising trying to sound more female, but the microphone I'm using to listen to myself back is really bad quality and I'm just wondering how much that'll effect whether my endeavours are working or not. Also, does anyone know of a good microphone I could use to do this sort of thing?

2. J Snow

I don't really have any advice on quality microphones, but I imagine that while a better microphone may be helpful, any practice will help =)

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know how much direct effect the microphone quality would have - however if you find the sound is distorted etc and it's a source of frustration when listening to it, you may practice less, so... I've used a Logitech USB headset for Skype calls etc.... quality sounded good. Also keep in mind that beyond good or bad audio quality, what you hear when you're speaking is way different than what a recording sounds like or what other people hear.