1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheLonelyOne, Nov 24, 2012.

1. TheLonelyOne

TheLonelyOne Guest

I've had gay feelings since I was 15, but didn't really realize it until I was 18. I finally told my family when I was 20 and they were totally cool with it but it devastated me. I kinda reneged it and pretended nothing happened. When I was about 21 I decided to try and talk to gay guys on a fake Facebook, but then I started to develop feeling for one and lets just say that didn't end well. a few months later I finally decided to be myself and i met someone on a site. He was everything I wanted and acted like I was amazing. No one had ever been interested in me before. But then he broke my heart. But I noticed that every guy I tried to talk to either didn't give me a chance or would say I wasn't his type. Coming out has been so negative for me. I tried being straight and didn't fit in and always thought if I tried being gay maybe I'd finally be happy. But in reality it has been worse. Everyone I know says how gorgeous I am and look like celebrities but girls or guys won't give me a chance romantically. I'm so depressed.

2. jvn95

I'm sorry about your experiences.

Have you tried focusing on something other than relationships?
    Romance and relationships are not the only thing on earth that can make you happy.
    Only you can you happy.
    Go join a club, or practice a hobby you do, Hang out with your family more.
    Something to take your mind away from relationships.

I thought it was the end of the world for a long time because the person I love didn't love me back. Turns out, life isn't all about that, it's about loving yourself and doing what you want to make yourself happy.

Life isn't about your orientation either.
    Maybe instead of thinking so much about your sexuality, think about you in general, life in general.

Go out with hope, love, and optimism and it will find you.

I hope I helped out a little.

3. TheLonelyOne

TheLonelyOne Guest

Thank you I'm gonna try to be positive it just gets lonely

4. TheLonelyOne

TheLonelyOne Guest

Any other ideas?