1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my parents know O.O

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TotallyaGirl, Nov 24, 2012.

1. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

So over the past few days, my parents have been really weird around my and almost kind of ignoring me. Today, we were watching a horror movie, and I jumped andmy dad said "it's okay, I expect my daughter to be scared by this." That scared me even more. While I wasn't necessarily offended, I'm kind of worried now. Anyone know what I should do?

2. Lucky Oshawott

I Think You Should Decide In Yourself Whether Or Not It Is The Right Time To Tell Your Parents. They May Just Be Giving Banter, But It's Important That You Don't Get Paranoid Or Worry About What They Think. I'm Sure That They'll Love You As Their Daughter Just As Much, If Not More, Than They Did As Their Son. Good Luck! Hope This Helps.

3. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, your dad called you his daughter despite the fact that you haven't told them yet? Hmm... do you know if there's any way they might've found out? I don't know your dad, but he could've been making a joke about you being scared, as undesirable as that would be.

Anyway, if he does it again, pick him up on it and ask him why. Also, considering the fact that they may have found out, it might be time to come out to them, but don't feel you have to rush into doing so.

Hope this helps!