1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i (becoming) transgendered?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sunkenships, Nov 25, 2012.

1. sunkenships

hi, i'm thirteen years old and i don't really even know if i'm becoming a transgendered person or not. i was born a female but i'm beginning to feel as if i should be a male? not in a like getting surgery way or anything but. um i suppose i should tell you some stuff just about me.
    when i was younger, i wore very few dresses and even around one year old, i barely wore shirts around the house(we didn't live in the city). i can only recalling wearing a dress twice in my life, otherwise i have absolutely hated them along with skirts, tights, etc. i still pretty much refuse to wear them. ive always wore guy fitting cloths and jeans and never really girly stuff. ive always really hated my voice and wished it was lower, more guyish even and sometimes i wished i was a guy. most of my friends have been boys or at least not so girly girls, ive always felt i fit more in with boys really.
    over the internet, ive been called by a guy name, although most of my internet friends know i'm a girl. all the stories ive written and characters ive made, a good amount of them ahve been males and not females. and really, i cut my hair short recently to look like one of my guy characters. and even at times, ive made accounts on sites and acted like a guy i guess which i found to be better somewhat. but it was only until recently that i considered becoming a transgendered person and all but i dunno.
    and on a side note which probably doesn't have much to do with the subject, ive only been attracted to one guy but it only lasted like two weeks. most of my 'crushes' i guess have been girls.
    so yeah, does this mean anything? i don't even know. thanks anyway
    also sorry this isn't very organized and all.

2. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't become transgender, it's something we're born with, just for reference. It sounds to me that you do have gender issues and it's highly likely that you are transgender. I experienced similar emotions and problems (though in reverse) and considering your age, you've started puberty, which is when I've found that feelings that your physical self and mental gender do not match manifest themself.

As for advice, I'd talk to a therapist or a friend you know you can trust. You're right about sexual orientation not mattering. Don't let who you're attracted to cloud your judgement as there are many lesbian transwomen and gay transmen out there.

I hope everything improves for you and I hope you can find someone to confide in. :slight_smile:

3. Ashton

Just embrace it and explore yourself :slight_smile: and no, sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender. Sounds to me that you're bigendered/gender fluid though :slight_smile: