1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oh dear idt i can do it :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jace, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Jace

i was all ready to tell my mom and then i just couldnt no time was right it hasnt exactly been a good day for mom but i really want to tell my mom

how do i do it do i like sit it down, i need help like step by step instructions lol really :/

2. jroakwood

one thing you'll find out, its never the "right time".

there arent really step by step instructions.
    its all different.
    just tell her you have something to tell her.
    and say mom "im gay"

3. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    do something to insinuate that you are gay, so she asks, and all you have to say is yes.

4. Jace

yeah thats what i was planning to do but it's just sooo hard i mean i cant just do.... aaa but,,,,,,,

i have a question to people who are out - howd you confront your parents? :/

5. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

i came out to my parents last weekend...its not really a confronting of them... just talk too them and be honest...i just said...Mom Dad...we need to talk....and we sat down and i explained that i was gay..and we talked for over an hour...and it was awesome...i regained my previously lost communication with my parents..i love them:lol:

dont just say "Mom im gay" that hits them too hard...slowly lead into it and then tell them you are infact a gay man...

here is some of what i said to my parents...you can use it too if it helps you...
    i said.. Mom Dad, you know how your always asking me when am i going to meet a nice girl, the truth is im not interested in girls at all, i never have been, and never will be...do you understand what i am saying? Mom dad..Im gay..and iv always knew deep down inside me for the longest time that i was different...i have boys on my mind and theirs nothing i can do to change those feelings...trust me i have tried too in the past....ect....

IT WILL MOST LIKELY GO BAD IF U JUST SAY ...MOM IM GAY...dont do that..they wont be ready for it and will freakout... I suggest you lead into it...

#5 Andrew1403, Feb 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2008
  6. Wired106

Damn it's weird for me because I've read so much stuff on coming out to parents but it's like I just can't do it. I know I will eventaully but not right now. Maybe in a couple months but I can't do it right now.

But I think you should just say it and don't think about it too much. Like when shes at home cooking and shes in the kitchen I guess you can just tell her. "Mom, I have to talk to you", or just go into her room or whereever she is when shes calm and tell her straight out "Mom I'm gay". And then just wait for a reply? lol. But ya anyways, the time will never be perfect because you'll always be nervous and if you do it, everything will fall into place. Good Luck! :wink:

7. Jace

thanks everybody, i think ( if i can get enough courage) ill do it tomorrow

i know(hope?) she'll be ok with it :/