1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get with someone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fox04, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Fox04

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nobody really knows Im gay so when I go out I cant go and chat up lads or try to go home with a lad or anything like that . Yes I've done stuff with lads before but nothing serious. I just want to be able to go out and try and find someone but without anyone knowing.. I know its confusing :/

2. Jameson

Well, you'll just have to get out there and talk to some people. Try getting some friends and buddies or whatever. But, if you really want to "get" with someone, you're going to have to come out. I know it's difficult but at least tell the people you like.
    It won't be a secret forever.

3. Gen

Gen

I dont see why you cant go out and talk to people. It is very unlikely that you will run into anyone if you were out in an LGBT club, event, etc. Even if they did, I have a feeling that they wouldnt be too judgemental considering they are there themselves.

I understand that it can be difficult to come out and tell our sexuality to our family or friends. Especially in certain households. But are you really going to allow yourself to be alone and unhappy because of what others will think of you. You owe it too yourself to enjoy your life. If you dont want to officially come out right now, then that is perfectly fine. Just dont stop yourself from doing what you want and living your life because of it.