1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Think she knows?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wander, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To start off, my mother entered my room while I was browsing the boards here. Me still being closeted and not quite ready for her to know, I minimized the page. Of course, I forgot what I was using as my desktop:

[​IMG]

I was sitting between her and the screen during our conversation and she didn't mention anything, but I'm a little nervous now. There's that chance that she caught a glimpse of the screen on her way out, but unless she noticed the text or the fact there are two males present, I should be safe.

I'm not the most flamboyant or effeminate person in the world, but back before I knew what sexuality was and had no way to hide it, I gave off a few hints. For all I know, she might have known I was gay before I did. Still...any guess on the chances that she knows?

2. NathanHaleFan

First, its probably not smart to have that as your desktop. Second, only you can determine whether it was likely that your desktop was seen.

Talking from experience, I am the straightest-acting gay person I know (and I know seven others at my school), and even I suspect that my mother knows. It's easy to hide it at school, but your guard naturally comes down more at home. If she hasn't said something about it up to now, then probably either she hasn't suspected anything, or she has and is completely fine with it.

Or she's in denial (I don't know).

3. Sexiican01

4. Alexander

The EC wallpaper could be anyone - they don't really look like anything but homogeneous blobs of people.