1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hhj399, Nov 25, 2012.

1. hhj399

hhj399 Guest

So basically in the last few months I have realised that I am bisexual. I was kinda annoyed and upset for about a week but then I accepted who I was.
    For about 2-3 weeks I have had the urge to tell someone but both of my parents are homophobic. I can't tell my sister because she would tell everyone and I can't tell my brother because he is too young to understand.
    I was planning on telling one of my family friends a few days ago but I didn't end up doing it because there were too many people around and I started having second thoughts about it. I probably won't see her again until March next year but I want to tell her before then. I am just wondering what is the best way I should tell her?

2. ptv678

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pull them aside or shoot them an email or text? Do you have friends that live close by? If so you could start by asking them how the feel about the gay community? Then slowly bring them to the fact. Remember NOT EVERYONE is as excepting. But most people are.

3. ShowMeTheLights

I found that email or text is better. You don't have to deal with a reaction or try and find the right words. But there is the thing about the internet, where you don't know if they got it or not and you end up worrying yourself silly about weather they read it. Sometimes personally is better, but I always thought texting was easier.

Hope this helps~

4. hhj399

hhj399 Guest

thanks. I think I will probably email her sometime this week.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, congrats on accepting yourself! From what you have said, it sounds like that you are ready to start coming out. Telling someone whom you trust and know would be understanding and supportive is a good way to start your coming out process.

E-mailing one of your family friends is fine. I don't think it matters all that much as to how you come out or which method you chose, as long as you are comfortable. If you feel ready and would like her to know, I'd say go for it. :slight_smile:

6. City

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi,
    The first time I came out was to my best friend over skype. You just have to always keep in mind, if they don't accept you, than they never deserved to be around you anyways ( Don't get me wrong, its still very hard... well it was still hard for me ). I am still only out to a select group of people so I'm not one to talk, but you just got to do it. Hopefully I helped in some way. Good Luck :slight_smile: