1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loneliness

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by koilfong, Nov 25, 2012.

1. koilfong

koilfong Guest

well, i first i should explain myself, so im 15 turning 16 in a month and ive been raised in a "small" city where its all conservative and i'd be burned at stake if came out to the wrong people. i know i'd be kicked out if i come out to my parents. but i think they kinda but are trying to repress the thought of it.
    but thats not i want to talk about. i just feel so alone. the only people who know are my sister who isn't even around and two friends, one that is pretty much trying to repress the idea and the other is open to the idea i guess.
    and i really dont know what to do. its just i feel so alone, because i already know that ive told someone that i shouldnt have and i really cant tell anyone else because of how they are. i'll be sent away, and shunned by society and living where ever because word gets around fast...
    but i guess i just want to know that im not alone. that other people are facing something like this...

2. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's actually normal, I've read threads and saw read your post about your family and looked your intro up. My own family is kind of 50/50 against the idea of gays, I don't think they would kick me out though, I hope not given I have nowhere else to go.

You should just take a deep breath, and don't talk to random people such as friends, if you are not sure how they would react. Talk to a few counselors at your school, even teachers you trust.

Many people face the problem about family reactions, but postponing isn't going to help you. You should ask for the help of some more knowledgeable people in here as well, good luck with your life. I completely understand your situation, the only person I told was another gay person, who is completely open and with whom I think I can have a relationship. I don't care what other people think of me, but my father is a problem, my mother not so much. If other people, friends, relatives have an issue, I have no problems with cutting them loose. I am who I am, and no one can change that. The same applies to you, and all the other people who are in this together.