1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roommates

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Florida1, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Florida1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been wanting to come out to my roommates for a long time now. I live with an engaged couple and we are all in college. They are some of my best friends and I know that they will be supportive and loving, but I feel guilty for lying to them this whole time. I guess I should mention that I have only came out to one other friend of mine and she lives three hours away. It would be so much easier if she was here but so she can help me tell them. I guess what is really eating me up is not weather or not they will reject me, but how they may treat me different and change their opinion of me from here on out, I won't be the very friendly nice and fun friend, but the gay roommate. Has anyone ever felt this???

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

If you're their friend and they're going to be supportive it won't matter. You won't be the gay roommate; you may be the roommate who is gay if they're talking about you to people who don't know you and it's relevant to state such a fact. But revelations like this don't usually change friend dynamics.