1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear World, today i made a booboo... a bad booboo

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Waffles, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Waffles

Hey everyone, long time no talk... Sorry for my absense.
    Well, in the time I was gone, I managed to meet a guy. He's really nice and we text all the time (long distance relationship). Everything was going swimmingly until about today. He and I were texting when he asked me what I really thought about him. He told me to be honest, which I regret doing... I told him that I honestly didn't know how to feel because I always questioned everyone's true intents and motives with me. (Important to note that my entire childhood, I was verbally bullied and had my trust broken often, so in general I have a hard time trusting others as a result of it). I told him it was nothing personal and it's just generally how I am with others. He seemed really upset by that and suddenly said he was going to bed. (he's only been up for a few hours and we live in the same timezone... I bet he's probably going to talk to his go-to friend. That's who he usually talks to when he's upset) I feel horrible for telling him that, but he wanted me to be honest.

I think I really hurt his feelings, though. And I feel awful for doing so, but what was I supposes to do, lie? I tried to text him apologizing, but he's ignoring me now. And usually we text until midnight, so this is really a red flag saying I really screwed up. I know he really likes me, and I like him back. But I dunno... After tonight, what's gonna happen to our relationship? I guess I'm just really stressing over this and feel horrible. If there's any advice to be given, it would be much appreciated... Thank you for reading.

2. Deaf Not Blind

Awww!!

Honesty is best policy, and i am same! I told a platonic friend once i don't trust people i only trust God, cuz peeps have let me down. What lie? can't!

So I say if any relationship is worth building on, you must be slow to anger and fast to forgive. if he gets all twisted up and blocks you out over that, better to get the tears out now, not after married.

3. Rinamir Mortem

First, you were right to be honest. Honesty in a relationship is one of the keys to success. However, tact is also good. Ultimately, you must gauge how you would feel if the person you like said what you did to you. If it was me I would be unsure how to feel or react to that.

But there is no need to beat yourself up over it. Past is past. And, if he likes you then he should be able to overlook it. He just probably needs a bit of time to think it over and process what you said.

You aren't in the wrong at all! Remember that and hopefully all works out for you.

4. TroubledRyan

He asks you to be honest, and then is so hurt by that? Does he not know that it is natural for you to be cautious of people? That it is unavoidable. He needs to get over himself. You were not in the wrong.

5. oneday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree that this is totally cute. Don't feel too bad. I'm the same way. I have a hard time trusting people. Give it some time. I think he just needs to sleep it off. Try texting him again tomorrow and see what happens. Good luck!