1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex question for guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by speedracing22, Nov 25, 2012.

1. speedracing22

Weird question...is it normal to be gay/bi and not be into having anal sex with another guy?

I could see myself being with a guy and having oral sex...or doing pretty much anything else, but the thought of having anal sex with a guy kind of creeps me out... Am I the only one who feels this way?

I've thought about the whole bottom / top thing. I could say with 99% certainty that I would not want to bottom. I don't find the thought of it that pleasurable for starters, but also I don't want to be in a "passive" or "non-dominate" role. The thought of bottoming kind of just turns me off.

On the flip side....i'm not "jumping up and down" to top someone. I mean I would do it...and I'm sure it would be good...but it's not on my mind as something that i'm dieing to do.

The irony in this is that I do get aroused a lot...but I rarely think about having sex with someone when that happens...just other stuff.....

This has been bothering me...I really don't know why. I guess partially because it seems like every other gay person wants to do it, and i'm the exception.

2. oneday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not the first to say they don't like the thought of anal sex. I've heard multiple guys say this, including one guy I dated. The guy I'm with now is also sort of unsure about it but wants to explore it in the future. You're not alone.

3. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, you're not the only one.

I also don't find anal sex appealing at all, but I think I'd like doing other things.

4. speedracing22

Thanks. I guess I am kind of worried that nobody would want to date me if they knew I wasn't really into it. It's nice to know other people think this too.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

there are a loootttt of guys who like guys who aren't into that.

6. Pain

Pain Guest

It's not abnormal, let's put it at that :slight_smile:

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's a sizeable number of gay guys who don't like anal sex. I can't really relate to that at all, but you're not broken or weird because of it.

8. I share the same sentiments as you, but I would like to be more active in the anal region in the future... someday.

9. Gen

Gen

Well, I dont think you would have an issue with anyone as long as you are willing to try it. No one knows what they will actually like or dislike until they try it.

When you really think about it, there are a lot of things people enjoy sexually, that seem weird when analyzed. Why would someone enjoy 'going down' on someone? Does it make sense, no. But many love it.

So, just wait until you are with someone you care about and try these things. Hell, try everything :thumbsup:. (Though never base sexual preferences off of hook ups.)

10. Alan Lewrie

Gen summed things up very well I think.