1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go for it? Or leave it alone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fighter14, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Fighter14

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I posted in here a few days ago asking about a girl I was texting (I wasn't sure if she was interested in girls or attracted to them). Well we finally had the conversation, and she told me yes she is attracted to girls, and in fact has been in an on/off relationship for about a year and a half. When she told me that I was a little disappointed, but I also took that as my que that this was going to be a friendship and nothing more.

Then she started telling me a little about her relationship. She says she loves her girlfriend, but thinks there's more out there and that she wants to see what else is out there but feels bad to break up with her girlfriend. Like I said, she says she really does love her.

Anyways, we've brought up the topic of hanging out before (before I knew about her girlfriend) and she brought it up again when we were having this conversation. So my real question is, do I still go for it even though I know she's "in love" with someone else? I could see myself really liking this girl (we were really good friends in high school, lost touch when going to college, and now have been texting a lot again, so I do actually know her.) I just have doubts about pursuing something with someone who is claiming to be in love with someone else even though they say they want a way out so they could see what else is out there. Should I let it go or not worry so much and still go for it?

2. I wouldn't want to try to have her end her current relationship so that she'd go out with me. I would still hang out with her as friends, but knowing that she's taken. It's entirely up to her to decide if she's happy with her current girlfriend or if its worth seeing someone else. But also take notice that if she's willing to dump her current girlfriend to find something new--what if she got tired of you?

3. lexi

lexi Guest

She's looking to see what else is out there- so don't try to start a relationship right away. She might be feeling a little suffocated, so she won't want anything serious right away. Hand out with her, and eventually (if you still want to) go for it.

If you don't, your safe but you are going to wonder about it forever.
    If you do, you'll get what you want but you might get heartbroken.
    It's up to you which one you'd rather have.