1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate being gay.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheLonelyOne, Nov 26, 2012.

1. TheLonelyOne

TheLonelyOne Guest

I'm tired of the loneliness, bitterness, and feeling like a misfit. Life is hard enough. Not to mention gay guys don't even like me. Everyday is a struggle.

2. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

I hear you. I'm not even out and it's hard. I dont even have but 3 or 4 friends. Just know your not alone

3. naruto21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you mean. Sometimes I hate being gay too. but when i think about it, how different my life would be if i wasn't gay. I think about all the people I have met because I am gay. i would have never met these people if i wasnt gay, and im happy i met these people. They have helped me to grow stronger and have been there for me. So being gay has its ups and downs.

4. Skyline

I can't relate to being gay but I sure know what it means to be lonely. I've never even dated anyone before. Girls always "friend zone" me before we can get close, and then we usually grow apart.
    I'm still waiting though. I haven't given up hope that eventually I'll find someone.

5. teluphone

i'm on the same boat as you guys. Sometimes when i talk with some openly gay friends you can't help but feel so left out

6. TheLonelyOne

TheLonelyOne Guest

I wish I was one of those gay guys that was comfortable and loved it I've seen a few and they have so much fun. I try to. Befriend them but they don't want to be friends. It just suck. I really was coming to terms with it until the gay community rejected me so I went back into hiding

7. Joey4

Maybe being gay isn't your problem. I know plenty of straight people that are rejected by other straight people. Maybe there's something else about you that puts off people. Think about it...why would gay people not accept you because you're gay?

8. Hoofbeats

You should not hate yourself, or your identity, because of how others react to it. I am sure that not all gay people would hate you; there are already some who replied here, that don't. :slight_smile: Before I came out to myself as bi in an honest assessment of my identity, I actually felt left out of the identity-confident gays and bis that I knew. They had their sexuality down-pat, while I was struggling awkwardly with defining myself. Rather than keep doing that, I honestly went with what is natural to me, and even if every soul on earth other than myself hated me for it (which is ludicrous) I would rock it out.