1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Coming Out to My Best Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by idleteen, Nov 26, 2012.

1. idleteen

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've known my best friend for a little over four years now. I met her my freshman year of high school, when she was a senior when she was having a rough time in life. I was there for her, and we've been friends ever since. I would consider her an open book, but I do know some of her deepest, darkest secrets that she doesn't let everyone know. I, on the other hand, have yet told her about my sexuality. She's never really asked about it before, only in certain situations where I've brought up stories about people making rash decisions/assumptions about me. She's very pro-gay, far from homophobic. But, like I've stated in a previous post, I live in a very small community. She's close with her family, who likes me, but they come off as conservative extremists. We attended a wedding of a friend together over the weekend, where we discussed marriage. After a tweet I made about being forever alone, she texted me about how she was proud of me and how I was going to find someone some day. Instead of saying "girl" like she usually does. It's really not a big deal as I'm making it out to be. BUT, I was wondering if anyone had any good coming out advice. I know there's an endless number of posts about it, but I just want to hear about similar stories and such coming from a similar perspective.

2. Lucky Oshawott

I Think That As Long As You Trust Your Best Friend Enough, As It Seems You Do, And You Feel Like You Want To Tell Her, You Should! As Long As You're Ok With It Anyway. Don't Rush Into Anything That You Don't Want To But You'll Know When It's Time. I Told My Best Friend Before Anyone And He Didn't Take It Very Well, I Decided That We Shouldn't Be Friends Anymore As I Didn't Want To Be Friends With A Homophobe But Now, 8 Months Later, I Have A New Best Friend Who Was So Supportive Of Me And I Think That I Definitely Made The Right Choice. You Can Just Tell When The Person Is Ready To Hear It And I'm Only Out At School, Which Happened 3 Weeks Ago, But My Friend Was Super Supportive Of Me. I'm Sure Yours Will Be Too! You've Known Each Other For A Long Time And I Think That She Will Be Happy That You Trusted Her Enough To Tell Her. I Know It's Hard To Do, But We All Get There In The End! Good Luck! Hope This Helps.