1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right I know I'm gay but guilt is eating me up, please help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nemos, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Nemos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So few weeks ago I have finally accepted that I'm gay, I even told one of my friend irl and many online. I know it's okay to be gay and so on but my subconscious is thinking otherwise. Like I can get up knowing it's fine to be gay but in my head I have this little voice saying what you doing is wrong, you are a bad person and it's not right. Even few weeks ago when I went to college I walked pass by some kids walking to primary school and I've sort of starting shaking and the voice came back saying what you doing is wrong, is even against the nature because you can't even have kids, don't get me wrong I don't even want kids but the fact that the world is about male + female = kid makes me terrified. I don't know if you guys fully understand what I'm talking about but I have no idea what to do, I know it's fine to be gay but my subconscious is tearing me up and the fact I constantly have to lie to my parents with a huge smile doesn't make it better, even when I see my parents watching a movie and they see a couple, they like this is not right.... and the voice comes back terring me up all over again.

2. jimL

Welcome to EC Nemos. Be rest assured, It's OK to be gay. You were made this way. Loving someone is not against nature and is never wrong. Two guys making love is a beautiful thing! That being said.....It's not always easy to be gay. Society's views are getting better but there are still a lot of people out there that don't/wont understand "us." You just have to be who you are and not let people tell you how you should live. I did and I was not happy. So, be who you are and live how you want to. Hopefully your parents will accept and still love you.

3. starmarie

starmarie Guest

I believe that I am bi, so while it may be a little different, I still relate. I feel guilty about liking the same sex; it's not what society teaches us and in a way it doesn't feel like I'm "allowed" to like the same sex. We're taught that sex is for making babies. The people who try to convince us to be "normal" and heterosexual like "everyone else" are the people who should feel guilty, not the people who just want to feel comfortable being who they are.

What I find is helping me is thinking of making love as a form of expression, and not merely a way of reproducing. Heterosexual couples use birth control so they can make love without making babies. Why can’t one use intimacy to express their feelings of love to another person of the same sex?

Exactly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

Still, it’s going to take some time for me to come to terms with my sexuality. But I hope this helps a little.