1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just pray God please make me straight

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Annie, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Annie

Annie Guest

Hi. I'm new. I don't speak english very well, so I'm sorry if I can't explain what I really want to say. I'm a 18 years old girl, and I'm a lesbian. I'm pretty sure I am. I have this friend who's gay too, and she's the only one who I think I can really talk about all of this. The problem is, she recently came out to her parents, and it didn't go well. Actually, it was horrible. I'm so scared now, I don't want my parents to hate me. I just want people I love loving me back, and I know being a lesbian is going to cause a lot of trouble. I just feel so alone. I don't know how this site works, I don't even know how I get here, but I just need someone to talk to. I don't want to worry my friend with these things because I know she's not fine. I just need someone to tell me what to do. I can't handle this all by myself. Sorry.

2. Joey4

Well. What have your parents said about homosexuality before? Are they religious?

3. Annie

Annie Guest

They're both catholic. My mom gives me mixed signals, I mean, I don't really know what she thinks about homosexuality. Maybe she'll be ok with it, if I prepare her well enough. My dad just hates it.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry that your friend's parents did not react well to her coming out. Maybe you could bring up a topic of gay news to see how you mom reacted to it. Then you might be able to better gauge her reaction.

5. Annie

Annie Guest

I think I'll do that. Thank you so much.

6. Zuuki

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bringing up a piece of LGBTQ news doesn't sound like a bad idea. Another thing you could do would be to bring up your gay friend, if your friend approves, which he may not, seeing that his comig out didn't go well. If he does approve, and your family reacts negatively, then you can always talk about how he's just a normal guy that happens to like guys… make them see that homosexuals are people too.
    I'm also trying to work up the courage to come out to my parents, and I wish you luck!

7. Annie

Annie Guest

I just told my friend that idea and she said yes! By the way my friend is a girl hahahaha. I guess she would do it because she wants to help me, she said she doesn't want me to get the same response that she had. What you told me to do is a great idea, thank you so much! And I wish you tons of luck too. I'm not at expert at this theme(Actually, I'm a noob) but I'd be happy to help you in anything you need, even if you just need to talk! I'm new but I already love it here, everyone is so nice.

8. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

I know this situation sucks. I can't really give you advice about it because I am still in it. I sometimes catch myself praying that prayer. Basically, just keep your head up and don't let it hurt you. I chose to keep my secret from my parents for the time being but that may not be the best option for you. Anyway, if you ever want/ need to talk, I will always respond :slight_smile: Good luck with your parents.

9. Annie

Annie Guest

Yep, it really sucks. Sometimes I think I'll keep this as a secret, like you said. But I'm just not sure yet, it's too confusing, but I know I'll stay here in this site, because it feels so great to know that I'm not alone in this. Good luck to you too(*hug*)

10. Bree

God won't make you straight. Remember that God made everyone the way that they are for a reason. If you were meant to be straight, you would be. I saw the most sad video clip a little while ago of an elderly woman from Southeast Asia (I can't remember which country). She said that, because she'd never come out, her life was "wasted". Is it better to live to please your parents or become everything that you can be?

What country are you in? How GLBTQ* friendly are they?

11. Annie

Annie Guest

I wish everyone who I love knew that. Answering your questions, I want to be out, I really do, it's awful to hide who I am, but I'm too afraid. I don't want people who I love hating me or thinking that I'm disgusting, because I know that's what a lot of my relatives would think. I'm from Venezuela. People can be mean here, you know? About a month ago, I read in the news something about a boy who was burned by other boys in his own neighborhood, they said they did it because they didn'd accept 'faggots' near his houses.
    It sucks living surrounded by such horrible people.

12. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, Annie! I'm so glad that you found this site :slight_smile:

I know how hard it is hiding who you are, it makes you feel like you're going to explode. If you think it's unsafe for you to come out then please do not.

Gay related hate crimes have been occurring for years and a lot of them are swept under the rug. I know how scary it is to be yourself, but don't let anything stop you from being yourself. If you feel like you're ready then come out :slight_smile: